Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Boldin is a Raven!

The breakdown for comp picks is that we're pretty equal on our gains and losses from last year...

Losses: Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard, Jason Brown, Marques Douglas, Matt Stover
    Gains, Matt Birk, Chris Carr, Domonique Foxworth, Kelley Washington, L.J. Smith

I'd guess at best, we might get a 6th or 7th round compensatory selection because of how big the Bart Scott and Jason Brown contracts were.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    You are forgetting compensation picks.

Jason Brown, Bart Scott should get us at least 4's.
    The best they can get is one (1) 7th round comp pick, since they signed as many UFAs as they lost.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Woo hoo. I hear he's a great blocker too and will help our run game.
    Last edited by Dave Lap; 03-05-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Just damn!! Drinks are on the HOUSE!!

This was a great 31st birthday present today! It sure as hell is better than what the Ravens got me on my 25th (TO fiasco).

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    This was a great 31st birthday present today! It sure as hell is better than what the Ravens got me on my 25th (TO fiasco).
    LOL.... Mine's this weekend too, and I was just about to post that the Ravens gave me my present early.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Shouldn't we get something like a 3rd and 4th or 2 3rds for comp picks for Scott and Brown
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I'd still like to get Joe a future #1 Wr, as someone touched on earlier tho getting Bolidin kinda buys them time but im hoping they trade down out of the first to pick up a extra pick, use the 5's to move back up...get a combination of something like Demaryius Thomas, Tyson Alualu, Brandon Ghee, Colin Peek(just examples at those positions) and i'd be ecstatic.
    Good to see that somebody else likes Tyson Alualu. We have simply got to get him what with Bannen gone and Edwards next. This guy is a polished and brutal DE. I hope to god he's still availble when they get to us in RD. 2. CB Perrish Cox of OSU is the good sized, smart, rugged, and speedy shutdown CB, we so desperately need, I think we should take #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    Woo hoo. I hear he's a great blocker too and will help our run game.
    Q is a fantastic and physical down field blocker.

Not saying I'm unhappy with the trade but, is he going to be a legit #1 WR without Fitz on the other side. I hope Mason comes back. That would make me feel a whole lot better about the trade. Lets go get Walter now!

This is a great deal , not having to give up a 1 or 2 is big

Think going for the person who has speed as a rookie receiver (that you might have a 50% chance of missing on now) is the right move in the draft.

Boldin is the possession man, Stallworth has speed. Open question now is Mason vs. Clayton. Wouldn't be surprised if they let Mason go, mainly because they can't keep all 3 and Clayton isn't a bad #2, he's just never going to be a #1.

Can't really say that Boldin isn't the long term answer because he could go a good 3-6 years now -- that's all you can look ahead in football

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Shouldn't we get something like a 3rd and 4th or 2 3rds for comp picks for Scott and Brown
    Not quite...it's a complex equation that goes into comp picks, but we're pretty much equal on both sides...

We signed Foxworth, Birk, Carr, and L.J. Smith as UFAs
    We lost Bart Scott, Jim Leonhard, Jason Brown, and Kyle Boller (Douglas apparently doesn't count towards this)

So our net loss was 0. What we're more likely going to get is a "net value lost" comp pick, because the free agents we lost were more expensive than the ones we signed. Don't expect that to be anything more than a 6th round pick.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!