Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Boldin is a Raven!

Ozzie never ceases to amaze. I am confident that this is a good deal and also confident that it is part of a bigger plan. He does play like a Raven. We need to make sure that we give him a welcome.

I also believe that we have more picks to grab, one way or the other. The shell game is under way and between now and April Ozzie will make it work. Sorry to see Bannon go, but I am sure they are comfortable with the depth or the other fillers.

Thanks, Ravens.

Blog Entries

Wide receiver Anquan Boldin on being traded to the Ravens (courtesy of Ravens' Web site):

"“I’m definitely excited. For me, I’ve been hoping for this for a year since I first heard that the Ravens might be interested in me. I even talked with Ray [Lewis] about it a year ago. I really look at this as a great opportunity for me. They love football in Baltimore. I know that from when the Cardinals played there a few years ago. That place was loud, very impressive by the fans. The Ravens play a certain way. They play as hard and as physical as any team in the league, and I want to add to that. I think I play the way they play.”

Link

I know it his his job to blow smoke up our asses and make the fans feel good about themselves, but still:

life is good!!!!!!!!

Great news. There is a little less stress to pick up a receiver if we dont have too. Yes, BPA may still bring a WR in the first round, but it could also be a CB. I personally think we trade back and do our damage in the 2nd rounds and get that third or forth back as well. We could get that kid Thomas in 2nd for our future #1. So many options.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    I know it his his job to blow smoke up our asses and make the fans feel good about themselves, but still:
    I think there's also a little dig in there at Arizona, prob for not trading him last season and/or redoing his contract.

Official team release on the trade including quotes from Ozzie, Harbs, Flacco and "Q"...also some Boldin highlight vids...all RIGHT HERE

7. Re: Boldin is a Raven!

ww::hammer:

Blog Entries

This day has ended up fantastic!

First I find out "Big" Ben got another case of the gropesies then I decide to take the family out to dinner and while at dinner the Ravens sign Bolden! Now if I can manage to win Megamillions tonight....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I doubt Marcus Smith will fuss about giving up his number to Boldin.
    I though the samething as soon as I heard the confirmed trade

Know what we need is a team to grab Clayton for a 2nd and we are back in the draft, actually we are better off. A 4th for a
    5th isn't much of a blow, once that late in the draft. Trade both 5th's for a 3rd to the Patsies, they like to stack picks
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 03-05-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Getting Flacco the personnel he needs to max his potential is all I've ever wanted...

Kudos to the Wizard of Oz!
    I agree. This is a step in the right direction. I would have loved to have only given up a 3rd rounder, but this is a good deal and one that had to be done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I think there's also a little dig in there at Arizona, prob for not trading him last season and/or redoing his contract.
    I think it was more of a "thank God I'm not in Kansas City!"

12. Re: Boldin is a Raven!

BOLDIN! great deal! do we get any compensatory picks this year?