Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Boldin is a Raven!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Looking at the numbers, Mason may be asked for a restructure now.
    He's an unrestricted FA.

Cmon Houston!!

PP

So the ravens only have 5 draft picks now? I thought they were excited about the depth in this draft?

I will not question Ozzie, and I like Boldin but the draft won't be very interesting after th 2nd round.

Our picks by round now
    Round 1 - 1
    Round 2 - 1
    Round 3 - 0
    Round 4 - 0
    Round 5 - 2
    Round 6 - 1
    Round 7 - 0

I really hope Ozzie hit with his first two round picks. This takes away the possibility of getting an impact player for all 3 weaknesses

WR, CB, Pass Rush DE.

This makes me wonder if we will trade back to get more picks.'

sorry a string of thoughts strung together...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    He's an unrestricted FA.

Cmon Houston!!

PP
    My bad.

Blog Entries

I'm guessing they are positioning to trade out of the first.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I really hope Ozzie hit with his first two round picks. This takes away the possibility of getting an impact player for all 3 weaknesses

WR, CB, Pass Rush DE.

This makes me wonder if we will trade back to get more picks.'

sorry a string of thoughts strung together...
    Ummm Draft Odrick in the first and Donovan Warren or Patrick Robinson in the second... And Anquan Boldin. Or alternatively we could get Kyle Wilson and Tyson Alualo or however that is spelled.

We got our WR and still have the first two picks to get a corner and Passrusher... we're good now. TE in the middle round, and some BPA. Maybe we get another pick for Troy soon.

Blog Entries

I do wonder if this changes our strategy with Mason...lots of X factors there though...

You could argue Mason has more reason to return now that we made the big move to improve the passing game with him in it.

Or you could argue he wants to be the man here, and it's pretty obvious what our #1 priority was...so...

Hopefully, he's back, but at least this deal would soften the blow if he doesn't. I wouldn't be too upset with a WR corps of Boldin, Clayton, Stallworth, drafted WR...maybe Washington too?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Ummm Draft Odrick in the first and Donovan Warren or Patrick Robinson in the second... And Anquan Boldin. Or alternatively we could get Kyle Wilson and Tyson Alualo or however that is spelled.

We got our WR and still have the first two picks to get a corner and Passrusher... we're good now. TE in the middle round, and some BPA. Maybe we get another pick for Troy soon.
    I don't think Boldin is the answer for a #1 going into the future. I think we still need to draft a young WR who could stretch the field. Boldin is more of a posession receiver who is big and can make a lot of yards after the catch.

My best guess is they are going to try to trade out of the 1st b/c the receivers after Dez will fall to the 2nd
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

are all the draft picks exchanged for 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    are all the draft picks exchanged for 2010?
    Yes.

There was talk that one would be in 2011 but they are all 2010.

PP

Blog Entries

yes, all picks are this year.

I agree, Boldin isn't the long term answer as the #1, just because he's about to turn 30 and we'd be better getting a WR Joe can "grow old" with.

BUT, this move allows us to stick by BPA. If we don't have a WR we're absolutely sure of, we don't HAVE to pick them, because we've bought ourselves a year or two. This could also allow us to pick a later round WR who might not be a day 1 starter, but has a high ceiling...Joe Flacco was not expected to be a "right away QB", but all the experts acknowledged with some seasoning, he could be the best QB from that draft...and so far, he has been.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I think this is a really good move. He is not necessarily the vertical threat we need but he is great with YAC.

As far as only having 5 picks maybe Oz knows we are going to lose some of our RFA which would give us some more picks for the draft. Just a thought......

Love it. More than fair deal, and fair money. Hope he stays healthy. Still want them to put money out for Walter, Mason, or TO.

Chance for a very, very much upgraded team next year.