Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Ravens-Redskins scrimmage scheduled, but no "Police"

August 4. Plan ahead.

With this much notice, perhaps other Ravens social functions can be scheduled this summer to avoid conflicting with the scrimmage! ;)

Too bad the scrimmage will impact a Police reunion concert. I would have enjoyed attending. However, shame on concert promoters who are oblivious to my football addiction.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

In the event you really care...I'll have the Ravens/Police story Tuesday morning

Tony is on to something in one of his blogs pertaining to the Ravens/Police saga.

And now, I have the details on what happened, who's involved and how it fell apart.

And I'll give you the accurate portrayal of what happened Tuesday morning on WNST.

The Ravens aren't to blame. A few other people are, though.

This isn't a huge story, honestly, but in all fairness to the Ravens, they've been unfairly trashed.

So tomorrow morning, you'll find out who's really at fault.

DF

Re: In the event you really care...I'll have the Ravens/Police story Tuesday morning

I guess I missed that blog, because I have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Guess I'll check it out.

Re: Ravens-Redskins scrimmage scheduled, but no "Police"

Football > the Police. The woman they asked in that story probably couldn't name more than two players on the Ravens...

I say QQ.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I just hope our games are away the week of AUG 11, since I'll be on long cruise with the Sea Scouts.

Over the weekend I wrote this article on the topic of The Police.

I would guess the Redskins would also have to be party to any agreement to move/reschedule the scrimmage.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Well, I'll wait to hear what Drew has to say. But for now, Im pissed.

As a PSL holder, I expected a little more when it came to non-football events.

The Police concert would be great and I would have loved to have gone right here in Baltimore.

Im sorry, but it's not even a preseason game we're talkin about here.

It's mid February and the Ravens and Skins can't move the scrimmage or reschedule it?

Maybe Im misjudging how long it takes to get the stage etc.. assembled and disassembled, but Im disappointed for sure.

PP

Wink Re: Ravens-Redskins scrimmage scheduled, but no "Police"

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    It's mid February and the Ravens and Skins can't move the scrimmage or reschedule it?
    I don't think so. The scrimmage would have to be scheduled after training camp starts and before the exhibition games. That leaves either Saturday August 4th or Sunday August 5th to schedule the scrimmage on the only possible weekend. Either day would likely conflict with the Police.

An alternative for the Police: hold the concert at OPCY (the Orioles are on the road the weekend of August 4th).

Here's another thought: for the every other year when the Ravens host the scrimmage, hold it at Byrd Stadium or Navy-Marine Corps Stadium. The Redskins scrimagge not a real big draw in downtown Baltimore - perhaps a change of scenery would help.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The party is scheduled to accomadate my softball tourney, which is probably that date. I was told it was going to be pushed back into August this year, so I will probably be having the annual event the weekend before.

An alternative for the Police: hold the concert at OPCY (the Orioles are on the road the weekend of August 4th).
    No can do, the problem with an event on the same date in the two buildings is parking. They would have to clear out the scrimmage parking to make way and they don't want the headaches.

"The party is scheduled to accomadate my softball tourney, which is probably that date. I was told it was going to be pushed back into August this year, so I will probably be having the annual event the weekend before."

Have it that weekend before, and this will be the first windbag estates bash we'll miss.

Hate to miss the yearly bash, but we aren't getting back from the Carribean until sometime late afternoon-early evening on the 28th of July which I believe is the weekend you're referring to.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I wouldn't want to hear the Police at M&T anyway. Too big. They are going to sound like crap in stadiums. Their music has always been minimalist. They are the kind of band that should be playing smaller venues. Balto Arena would be a good fit for them, but they appear to be after the $$$