Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Would Carlos Dunlap Be Worth the Risk at 25?

A guy who may be released who I would love to see the Ravens sign for this position would be Tommie Harris of the Bears. He is about 295 and is a quick penetrating DT. He is only 26. He had 5 sacks in 25 games last year as a DT in a 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    A guy who may be released who I would love to see the Ravens sign for this position would be Tommie Harris of the Bears. He is about 295 and is a quick penetrating DT. He is only 26. He had 5 sacks in 25 games last year as a DT in a 4-3.
    I was reading about that. If they sign Peppers then Harris may get cut, but not until his bonus is due in June so they would try to trade him first or restructure, drag it out. I also doubt Peppers would want to play for the Bears. They are just not very good on D anymore and he seems to be not just looking for the most money he can get having turned down silly sized deals from the Panthers.

They are not likley to cut Harris this year anyway unless he is washed up. The pressure for the bears to win right now is higher than ever and they are going to spend.

:T2:

3. Re: Would Carlos Dunlap Be Worth the Risk at 25?

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I don't see him getting cut. He is probably their best defensive player right now, and is still very young. That amount of sacks as a 4-3 DT is pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by nfldraft2010 View Post
    He has all the talent in the world, but is he closer to being Mario Williams or the defensive end equivalent of Jamarcus Russell?

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2059
    To paraphrase Coach Special Teams, we should be interested in any one who can make us better. If they think Dunlap is a guy who can keep the heat on the QB, then yes. Frankly I think someone will take him late in the first round or at the very top of the second round. He is talented.