Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT: Sirius/XM to merge

When I lived in Nj in the 70s we had cable and there was no commercials
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

The only real reason Sirius' stock price is as low as it is, is because they have flooded the market with common stock....more shares out = lower prices
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

The NFL Network on Sirius is outstanding and I listen to it everyday. Football 24 hours.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Sorry, but Siri's outstanding shares is just one of the reasons along with its dilution ...
    Outstanding shares IS dilution, same thing. The share value is diluted due to the number of outstanding shares.

When Siri traded over 255M shares in one day last week, you can bet that half of those shares don't even exist because they gave the shares away to insiders and to creditors.
    Those shares do indeed exist, they just weren't brought to market via an offering but instead were used as payment in some form. It makes no difference, they are shares of the company just like those brought to market in an IPO or subsequent offering. And they all contribute to share dilution.

It doesn't have enough of anything to flood the market.
    It has enough shares outstanding to flood the market and dilute the value. I own some Sirius as well and it has done well for me but they have killed the share price but flooding the market. The fact that they flooded the market using the stock and options instead of cash as payments does not make a difference to us share holders, they have still flooded the market with a tremendous amount of shares. The shares given to Stern, etc. They are shares just like any other and hurt share value. When you look at earnings per share ALL shares are included in that.

I read 7 out of 10 people still listen to free radio. With the radios being put in new cars I can see that number level out in the next 10 years.

I bought the radio for Howard but Ferrall, The NFL & Nascar Network are off the hook. Buddy Baker on the Nascar car channel is worth the 43 cents a day.

I read 7 out of 10 people still listen to free radio
    I dont think we will ever stop listening to Free radio. I think at one point we may see less radio stations on FM/AM with a national twist to it.

Honestly though Those who dont have sat radio are missing out big time. It really is great entertainment.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

It looks like it will take a year or more for your helpful Congress and FCC to sort this one out:

Karmazin, who will face skeptical members of the House Judiciary Committee's newly formed antitrust task force, says satellite radio is in stiff competition not only with free, over-the-air radio but also with such newer products as MP3 players, Internet radio and music-downloading cellphones. "What I need to do is lay out the realities of the marketplace as we see it," Karmazin said in a telephone interview yesterday.

.... "What I'm concerned about now is whether we're creating a monopolistic situation," Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.), who will chair the task force hearing, said in an interview yesterday. "I don't think it will stimulate competition, and it could very well take away from the competition taking place now in the industry."

The Justice Department and Federal Communications Commission, not Congress, will decide whether to allow Washington-based XM and New York-based Sirius to merge. But today's hearing seems certain to introduce the chief arguments for and against the plan, whose outcome may not be decided for nearly a year.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I dont think we will ever stop listening to Free radio. I think at one point we may see less radio stations on FM/AM with a national twist to it.

Honestly though Those who dont have sat radio are missing out big time. It really is great entertainment.

I paid the one time 500$ fee for a "lifetime subscription", In 5-6 years, can it be considered that I am getting Sirius for free?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Trap, Siruis is a very long term play. When they start buying back shares they may become something more than a day traders delight. My guess is at the next market pull back they will get hammered.