Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT: Sirius/XM to merge

I'm sorry but once I had Sirius I never listen to AM/FM. There is just too many good stations on Sirius I will never go back. I'm willing to pay the $$$ for a good selection and not have to deal with all the commercials on AM/FM.

I look forward to even more selections...even if it comes at a little more $.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I fell in love with Sirius and cannot stand terrestrial radio anymore. My car is in the shop right now and I have to make due without Sirius for a week and it's killing me. The commercial free music drew me in and I became a huge Howard Stern fan after subscribing.

And Mista T - Sirius does have a DC/Baltimore traffic channel. XM has one station devoted to DC traffic and one devoted to Baltimore. They also have channels devoted to traffic on most major cities in the US (Boston, New York, Philadelphia, LA, etc.)

Everyone could see this merger coming from a mile away. Both companies were losing too much money for it not to happen.

I would have to agree with those who love SATRAD. I got Sirius for Christmas and wasn't too sure if I would enjoy it, but like Losac, my car is getting worked on and I am stuck with regular radio. Sirius saved me on my families trip to NH with it's NYC traffic staion and the ability to have music even in deepest darkest New England was awesome. I will never go back to terrestrial and look forward to having MLB nad NFL on the same service.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

DC and Baltimore terrestrial radio sucks. Its unlistenable. If you can stand it and have the patience for it....God bless. I tried but after howard left I had to get my subscription and it took 9 month before I did it.

Look, No one is buying Sirius or XM for its Traffics or weather reports. Commercial free music, The NFL and Howard stern are the things that drew me in. Baseball is the one thing that XM has that I would really love to listen to and If the merger happens, and it should, I will be able to listen to Yankees as if I was back in NY. That's a big deal.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    DC and Baltimore terrestrial radio sucks. Its unlistenable. . .

Look, No one is buying Sirius or XM for its Traffics or weather reports. Commercial free music,
    Might be a little off-topic, but I really like the commercial free music on 89.7 WTMD, broadcast from Towson University.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I have stock in both companies,also I have Sirius in my new car and listen to it 99% of the time
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    HI BRAVEN - Are you selling yours if the FEDS disapprove of the merger. Most of the investment houses give it a 50-50 chance of being approved. Stock dropped yesterday and today as investors are worried about the merger not passing. It was @ 3.74 at last looksee.

I'm home now but still won't be going to any Nest 1 meetings til the summer.

Feeling much better but still confined to bed or a wheel chair.
    Sirius from a financial standpoint is the better option as it has consistently outperformed XM, even well after Stern! They are now profitable while XM is not and probably wont become for a while if they keep hiring the likes of Oprah. They paid her 55 million to be on the radio basically an hr a week...WTF...I love my Sirius and will continue to own and buy more Sirius stock because I believe in the product....This is just the beginning...That thing they did for the Daytona 500, where they had a station dedicated to the pit crew for certain drivers shows some of the capabilities. Add in High Def radio coming soon and Sirius consistently having "more" state of the art equip...It is a no brainer for me....I did not even mention NFL network!:D
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I hope you feel better...I dont know what I will do with the stock at this moment.Ive been working 70 hour weeks as of late

Agree with the nft network being awesome,they had the Jamal contract news before ANY local news feed in Md had it.

10. Re: OT: Sirius/XM to merge

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    You're crazy! Terrestrial radio sucks!! If you're not getting Sirius you don't know what you're missing. Thanks to the jesus freaks in Congress everything in regular radio is awful.
    You may not like what T said, but he happens to be correct.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20070223/bs_bw/0710b4024055

XM & Sirius: What A Merger Won't Fix

You may dig Satellite radio, but the #'s do not look good for its survival. At least not with it's current model.

And I'm still trying to figure out what Jesus freaks has to do with anything.

Cable TV will never last either,who would pay for TV when its free

yeah who in their right minds would pay for something that's free?

I do have a question, hopefully somebody can answer, You know Terrestial radio is free all you have to do is buy a radio.

I pay for sattelite radio so I can have commercial free music.

Why in the hell am i paying for cable/sattelite and there are still commercials???
    Last edited by Ravens0587; 02-24-2007 at 09:52 PM.