San Diego...Turner

Fox Sports is reporting that SD is leaning towards Norv Turner....looks like Rex will stay...

Re: San Diego...Turner

John Clayton reported last night that Turner and Ryan were the co-favorites. So we'll see.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

I hope Turner gets it and Rex stays, but I won't feel good about it until it's official. It was only a few weeks ago that virtually everyone in the media insisted that the Cowboys were going to hire Turner, and how'd that turn out?

I really don't understand why Rex would get hired. You have one of the most talented teams in the whole NFL with ample cap space and draft picks, but you have no coaching staff at all. So you bring in a coordinator that has only been a coordinator for 2 years, and doesn't appear to have the contacts to assemble a staff on such short notice. It would appear to me that a more experienced coaches would be a better fit. I may be very surprised and find the Raven's looking for a new DC but we will see.

CBS Sportsline reports that the Chargers are going to hire Turner indeed. The dude appears to be quite an interviewer, being seriously considered for the Dallas and SD spots in spite of his forgetful record

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    The dude appears to be quite an interviewer, being seriously considered for the Dallas and SD spots in spite of his forgetful record
    I think everyone is willing to overlook what happened in Oakland, seeing as how they are a joke of a franchise, but I sure think he's an extremely lucky guy to fall into this gig. His track record is nothing to brag about.

And the Chargers are fools if they think he's going to be an upgrade over Marty.

Didn't Marty replace Norv in Washington, or was it the other way around? Interesting.

Not a bad hire. Norv has never had a team like the one he is getting now, at least since he was OC with the Cowboys. Offensively the team is stacked and he will only make Rivers better (see Alex Smith), and I'd imagine he's going to leave the D to his DC who I hear is pretty good too. I think he'd almost have to try to be bad to suck at this job.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I thought that this thread was about Michael Turner at first.

Good, Rex gets another year to try and win the big one, and he can groom a successor.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Rex is here for another year.