1. Norv Turner is SD new coach

www.NFL.com I am happy for Ravens fans:D , but sad for Rex...:(

Re: Norv Turner is SD new coach

I wonder why San Diego selected Norv Turner over Rex? He doesn't have a winning record as a football coach, and his strenghs are as a coordinator. Why would San Diego gamble with their season next year with him?

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I wonder why San Diego selected Norv Turner over Rex? He doesn't have a winning record as a football coach, and his strenghs are as a coordinator. Why would San Diego gamble with their season next year with him?

What do you think?
    They want a guy with head coaching experience and a guy who won't bring in a brand new system.

The offense SD runs was installed by Turner a few years ago when he was the Off. Coordinator there.

The pieces are there right now.

PP

I was so relieved when I heard he wasn't hired. He'll get his shot, but I want a ring!
    "IT'S NOT ATTITUDE, I'M JUST THAT GOOD!"

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    They want a guy with head coaching experience and a guy who won't bring in a brand new system.

The offense SD runs was installed by Turner a few years ago when he was the Off. Coordinator there.

The pieces are there right now.

PP
    PP nailed it exactly -- Turner was the OC a few years ago in San Diego and installed this offense, which Cam inhereited and didn't really change.

I still think it's a downgrade from Marty, but I understand the move.