Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: OT: Bruce Campbell @ Combine on Fire

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Exactly, I get the school pride and all. Kudos, it's a great university. And the Athletic programs do compete each year but that it's. If they got in my face and said. HEY!!! We are a top engineering school on a beatiful campus, TAKE THAT!!! I guess I'd have to, cause it's true. But I don't wanna hear we win 10 games a year in football and finish in the top 25, sooooo
    To me it's like this...if I'm going to root for a team that has no chance to compete for a national championship every year, I'd like them to at least produce NFL players.

The arrogance of VT fans is astounding...they're on eof a kind.

And after this thread, I am willing to bet baltimore hokie is saying the same thing about UMD fans ...

Home team fans dislike rival fans. That's a stunner. Gee, I have to lie down now after that bombshell.

Big effing deal. What exactly have we proved here?!?!

3. Re: OT: Bruce Campbell @ Combine on Fire

For the record, this whole bitch fight by this Twerps guy started over me saying that Campbell is tearing up the Combine but is probably not a good football player. DHB did the same thing last year. Vernon Davis did it a few years before that. I have heard several people say, "Oh, he is just this year's version of the UMD Combine freak".

From there, Mr. Inferiority began attacking my school's fans and myself. Instead of maturely ignoring a fan of an obviously below-average program and dismissing it for what it is, I decided to try to out-douche him. He obviously has a lot of pent up rage and anger about Tech. I can only attribute this to some sort of college sports-related social awareness, where the lower class citizens are much more aware of those above them and the dichotomy that exists between the two groups.

But to stop pushing his buttons (finally, I know), there really isn't much more to say. I wouldn't give up my time at Tech for anything, and really can't point out on thing about Maryland that I would prefer. Sorry to all who have wasted your time reading all these posts. Don't feel bad because I wasted even more time writing them.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    For the record, this whole bitch fight by this Twerps guy started over me saying that Campbell is tearing up the Combine but is probably not a good football player. DHB did the same thing last year. Vernon Davis did it a few years before that. I have heard several people say, "Oh, he is just this year's version of the UMD Combine freak".

From there, Mr. Inferiority began attacking my school's fans and myself. Instead of maturely ignoring a fan of an obviously below-average program and dismissing it for what it is, I decided to try to out-douche him. He obviously has a lot of pent up rage and anger about Tech. I can only attribute this to some sort of college sports-related social awareness, where the lower class citizens are much more aware of those above them and the dichotomy that exists between the two groups.

But to stop pushing his buttons (finally, I know), there really isn't much more to say. I wouldn't give up my time at Tech for anything, and really can't point out on thing about Maryland that I would prefer. Sorry to all who have wasted your time reading all these posts. Don't feel bad because I wasted even more time writing them.
    You took a dig at MD, I fought back. To date, the only MD player who tore pu the combine and has been a bust was Darrius. There isn't a soul outside of Al Davis who didn't think he was drafted too high, anyway, though. So the not so obvious dig had to be called out.

Vernon Davis is a beast. He was a beast in college. He as an awful blocker in college. He's become one of the top 3 blcoking TEs in the NFL. He just set a record for TDs by a TE. He was only disappointing for his first couple of years becuase Martz has no idea how to use his TEs and he needed some time to grow up. But to call him a combine freak who hasn't produced is insanity. Same with Gaither. Same with Merriman.

I flipped out becaues your dig is common of VT fans. I had to point out your inferiority in producing NFL talent. Which, by the way, you never even defended.

Does anyone have a good chili recipe they would like to share?

Since I travel for work a lot, I am always looking for a something I can make in bulk and store in the freezer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Does anyone have a good chili recipe they would like to share?

Since I travel for work a lot, I am always looking for a something I can make in bulk and store in the freezer.
    I am working on my own, but if you google award winning chilli recipes you can get World Champion chilli recipes for free!!!

I don't care as much for chili, but if anyone has recipes for some great barbeque that can be made without a smoker, I'd be super interested in that. Extra credit if it involves a slow cooker.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Blog Entries

If you have a grill, just put a big aluminum foil turkey roasting pan full of water under the ribs/pork butt etc and on top the gas/charcoal of for indirect heat. Throw some water soaked woods chips (i prefer hickory) in aluminum foil put directly on gas or charcoal to creat the smoke. For seasoning covering with rib rub or beef rub. I make my own but Lawry's make the best you can buy at a regular grocery store. Good sauce, I prefer Jack Daniels brand. Good Luck.

Virginia Tech has a sports program?:D

I watched some of his highlight tape and he may not be consistant, but he sure does abuse some fools an awful lot of times in this reel. Most guys never get 3 blocks like the 1st 3 in this video. Total flapjacking a guy right in front of you who thought they were ready. Not some sort of trap or pull where hte guy did not see him. Abuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnMm7AcJ7RI

We do not need a T right now, but he is not likley ready to start anyway. The measurables are pretty hard to ignore, and the knocks on him are more injury related than ability. It is not like he has gone out there healthy and got dominated or even really struggled. I did not notice him plenty of times watching MD play, but that is not a bad sign for an O lineman.

The thing that really interests me in him as a prospect though was on his bio page at scout.com. When watching his combine workout, I wondered if he could play DE or DT. It really is a hell of a lot less complicated than O line play.

"Biography:
    2008: Played in all 13 games ... saw action as a reserve at LT in the first six contests before starting at that spot the last seven ... member of a line that enabled Da'Rel Scott (1,133) to become the seventh Terp back, and first since 2002 to gain over 1,000 rushing yards ... the line also aided Chris Turner to throw for 2,516 yards, the seventh-highest single-season total in school history ... graded out as the team's top offensive lineman (along with Scott Burley) and earned ACC Lineman of the Week honors for his performance against Wake Forest (10/18) ... helped spearhead a solid offensive attack in the win over Nevada in the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl (12/30) ... offense posted 456 total yards, including 258 rushing yards, vs. a Wolf Pack defense which entered the game ranked third nationally against the run (74.5 ypg).

2007: Appeared in five games at left tackle, including one start ... started against Clemson when injuries hit the offensive line... one of four true freshmen to see action.

High School: A four-year letterwinner and three-year starter ... played defensive end all four years and started at that spot and offensive tackle his last two years ... never missed a game during his career ... recorded 70 tackles, including six sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery his senior season in 2005 ...lettered three years in basketball and in track (shotput).

Personal: Parents are Bruce and Rita Campbell ... father was an area high school legend in basketball who ultimately starred at Providence College in the 1970s and was selected by the New Jersey Nets in the eighth round of the 1978 NBA Draft ... enrolled in letters and sciences. Originally signed with the Terps in 2006, but attended Hargrave Military Academy until 2007."

The guy is an incredible athlete and elite prospect. LT is a very high value position, but so is pass rusher and he should be able to dominate RTs right away. If you can come off the ball and deliver a punch, you can play DL. if you can shed and turn the corner you can play DE.

Even if he did not play any D for us, as a 6th man on the Oline and GL TE he should be able to contribute right away and possibly make Gaither or one of the Gs expendable eventually.

OL is not one of the spots where the workout is minor. The 40 time may not come into play, but those bench reps and cone drills do. I do not see how a 300 pound guy with shorter arms is going to win many battles with him in a shoving contest, and that is pretty much all interior O and DL play comes down to.

It was interesting to hear Oz talk about Boldin and the measurables. If Oz was blinded by measurables, they really must mean something, although obviously not everything. One thing you can not really teach a guy to do though is to be huge and athletic. If they are and they can learn football, then you have a very intersting prospect.

Al Davis most likley will take him in the top 10 anyway, but it will be interesting to see what the Ravens would do if he is there at 25 and most of the other needs are not. Decosta brought up Gaither when asked about him by Rob Long today and talked about the need to project where prospects will be 2 and 3 years down the road where on the pro side all you pretty much have to do is pop in the eye in the sky coaching tape from last year.

:T2:

You're all just jealous because you don't get to watch the SEC every week-end.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    You're all just jealous because you don't get to watch the SEC every week-end.
    Dude, this isn't 1985... We all have cable or satellite TV.

And they show SEC games nationally each week...

Even out here in California!