Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: For you radio fans: Manita's replacement

Another out of towner? This doesn't make any sense. Billy Ripken, Dave Johnson and Spencer Falau (sp) would have all been a better choice IMHO.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

I have almost completely moved from 105.7 to 1370am at this point. I've pretty much had all of Damon Yaffe I could handle. I stopped listening to mustache after about a week of insulting the latest fans that disagree with him. And now the afternoon show is garbage.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I have almost completely moved from 105.7 to 1370am at this point. I've pretty much had all of Damon Yaffe I could handle. I stopped listening to mustache after about a week of insulting the latest fans that disagree with him. And now the afternoon show is garbage.

Sigh.
    1370 is the best this area has to offer.

Have to agree about 1370 except for their afternoon show (Jim Rome sucks). They need to boost their power around dusk. Coleman and Rob Long get good guests and run a tight show.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by middleriverterp View Post
    They need to boost their power around dusk. Coleman and Rob Long get good guests and run a tight show.
    Agree completely. This is exactly why I listen to 105.7 since I can't get 1370 when I am driving from work at Linthicum to home in Balto County.

Coleman can be annoying. He is a bit harsh and pessimistic at times for me. But he does get really good guests.

Posted this on FB..I'll repost here too, just to bump my newbie post count

Didn't much care for Anita, but the "drama" always made it listenable. Plus I liked yelling at her while I was driving and feeling better about myself.

Jenn I really can do without. (and I'm a Yankees fan and was familiar with her back when I lived in NYC)

The last 3 days I've basically switched stations while the show was on..something I've never done before in the past. Nothing personal, I just don't see the need for another female out of towner. Especially since they said they were thinking of going with someone w/ a connection to Baltimore. ...

If they have to hire a woman.. hire me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

7. Re: For you radio fans: Manita's replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    and I'm a Yankees fan
    Ew.

I hear MASN is pressuring 105.7 to get a woman.

Hey if it has to be a clueless and/or out of town woman it may as well be someone easy on the eyes. Any suggestions?

How about Lisa Dergan?

She joined FOX Sports in 2002, gaining notable interviews with everyone from Tiger Woods (I know what you are thinking) to John Elway. But more importantly, she’s a former St. Pauli Girl, was Playboy’s Playmate of the Month for July ‘98, and she’s been in special editions of the magazine six times.

Beat that!

lisa_dergan_l6.jpg

Talking Re: For you radio fans: Manita's replacement

versus

Tough decision!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

T, those pics side by side remind me of the old chemical dependency prevention ads...

This is your brain...this is your brain on drugs...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Rizon View Post
    I hear MASN is pressuring 105.7 to get a woman.

Hey if it has to be a clueless and/or out of town woman it may as well be someone easy on the eyes. Any suggestions?
    I dunno Mojo... If it's a woman on the radio, does it really matter what she looks like? Besides, I'd rather have some homely looking local woman, with deep roots to this city, and also knowledgable about sports, especially football, than some out of town good-looking bimbo who has no real informative opinions of her own.

I dunno Mojo... If it's a woman on the radio, does it really matter what she looks like? Besides, I'd rather have some homely looking local woman, with deep roots to this city, and also knowledgable about sports, especially football, than some out of town good-looking bimbo who has no real informative opinions of her own.
    It matters to MASN!