Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: For you radio fans: Manita's replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Rizon View Post
    It matters to MASN!
    People actually watch that channel?

I thought I had read somewhere that MASN was looking to pickup another show for the afternoon slot. Might be wrong.

As for an out of towner it doesn't bother me as long as they are knowledgeable and "get" the city they are broadcasting to. To me, Anita never understood the passion this city has for the NFL and the Orioles. She just came across as that person that really wanted to fit in but never knew what to say or do. Add to that her lack of real knowledge on anything sports related that wasn't within the past 5 years and she was just clueless.

From a "radio" side of things, she came across as very unprofessional in her show prep and the way she babbled through her questions. Again, if she didn't see it on ESPN.com or FoxSports.com then to her, it wasn't news or worth talking about. I think my big turn-off factor was when she would get all cute and flirty with the players and try to become their friend.

This new person wasn't bad for what I heard the other day. Then again I have a five minute commute on my way home so usually I'm in iPod mode. As for Amber...she was given her own show when 105.7 started. "The A-List" was the 7pm-11pm show and she was there for all of three weeks before taking the rest of the year off doing work for MASN and the Oriole TV broadcast. After those three weeks I think she was on her own show for maybe 20 shows from March through the end of September.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Wink Re: For you radio fans: Manita's replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    If it's a woman on the radio, does it really matter what she looks like?
    Obviously not. But when that same woman is simulcast on TV, it would make the show more interesting to have a hottie with local sports knowledge than a Miami bimbo or a skanky Yankee fan.

People actually watch that channel?
    With 4 Ravens shows weekly plus the rebroadcasting the Scott & Anita show, yes, I watch plenty of MASN during the season. I do not listen to sports radio.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'd still rather watch and listen to Arte Donovan. Now that guy is always entertaining....... and a censor's nightmare.

I'd still rather watch and listen to Arte Donovan. Now that guy is always entertaining....... and a censor's nightmare.
    And you could bring on Weaver to discuss baseball/The Orioles...

Boy, would that be entertaining.. assuming you could make anything of the conversation with all the beeps. :D

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    And you could bring on Weaver to discuss baseball/The Orioles...

Boy, would that be entertaining.. assuming you could make anything of the conversation with all the beeps. :D
    Yeah, well it would certainly not be boring, that's for sure!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Jennifer Royle

Where do 105.7 and MASN find these out-of-town skanks?

If we've got to have a female, stick with Amber. I don't see why we need female sports personalities, but if that's a criterion, couldn't they at least hire someone from Maryland? Or a hottie? Or preferably both.

At least the station is consistent with ugly faces.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    At least the station is consistent with ugly faces.

That is a far less than flattering picture of Jen. She is actually attractive/cute. I do not think she is that talented, but to call her ugly is off the mark, and to call her a skank is just plain stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UASED...layer_embedded
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

That you tube didn't do her justice either. Neither does this.

http://baseballtalkradio.mlblogs.com...enarodlong.jpg

Damn, ugly women and the Yankees. Now that's a horror picture. UGH!

Different strokes for different folks.