Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ravens Mock Off-Season 2010 1.0 (Early)

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Why do they need to put someone on the insed next to Ray. Did Ellerbe not show he is capable?
    Completely agree, Ellerbe looked great towards the end of the year. Gooden still has ability, Jason Phillips will be coming off of IR, I wouldnt touch the LB spot, outside or inside.

No one will pay a 5th for Troy Smith.

Also, no way we pay a 1st rounder plus additional things for Brandon Marshall. I think there's about a 0.001% chance we trade just a first round pick to get Marshall...no way are we paying more than that. More likely we would do that trade with our 2nd rounder.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    No one will pay a 5th for Troy Smith.

Also, no way we pay a 1st rounder plus additional things for Brandon Marshall. I think there's about a 0.001% chance we trade just a first round pick to get Marshall...no way are we paying more than that. More likely we would do that trade with our 2nd rounder.

- C -
    I agree, i'd be absolutely shocked if they gave up a first for him and actually i think they will upgrade WR through the draft, It looks to be better then a 50% chance Mason comes back, also i think we may be stuck with Clayton. I think they get 2 WR's in the draft, one in the 1st one in the 3rd or 4th

Quote Originally Posted by grayplay View Post
    LJ Smith to replace Heap, beacause Heap is injury prone...right. You just replaced the pot with the kettle, good job.

Why would we get rid of the only kicker last year that was dependable? We did that with Stover and look how well it turned out.

Yanda is much better than you give credit.

Lastly, ray Lewis is not a therapist. He is not a miracle worker. He is a respected MLB who inspires players that love the game. He's not gonna fix Marshall is he truly is a headcase. He played with CMAC for how many years and never fixed him?
    I agree with all your points here. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks Joe Cool for posting a thought provoking piece.

TE LJ Smith → Re-Sign. Todd Heap is injury prone.

Backing up an injury-prone TE with another injury-prone TE is NOT a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    also i think we may be stuck with Clayton.
    FWIW, Clayton is a RFA. We'll probably slap a 3rd round tender on him or something, but we certainly don't have to, nor do we have to be stuck with him. I think he's back next year, but likely in a dramatically reduced role.

If we're really lucky, we slap a low round tender on him and someone signs him away from us and we get something in return.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

FWIW, Clayton is a RFA. We'll probably slap a 3rd round tender on him or something, but we certainly don't have to, nor do we have to be stuck with him. I think he's back next year, but likely in a dramatically reduced role.

If we're really lucky, we slap a low round tender on him and someone signs him away from us and we get something in return.

- C -
    All of that i already knew, i meant we as fans are stuck with him from my standpoint that i think the front office will bring him back. Hopefully its with a reduced role.

All of that i already knew, i meant we as fans are stuck with him from my standpoint that i think the front office will bring him back. Hopefully its with a reduced role.
    Gotcha. I buy that completely. Although I'll say that I think if he's brought back, it'll be in a deeply reduced role. He wasn't the #2 at the end of this past year, he's had 5 years, he's clearly not going to be the guy. Stallworth's just come on. We'll probably bring in someone bigger than Stallworth even if through the draft. Clayton may not even be the #3 next year if Mason's back.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

Gotcha. I buy that completely. Although I'll say that I think if he's brought back, it'll be in a deeply reduced role. He wasn't the #2 at the end of this past year, he's had 5 years, he's clearly not going to be the guy. Stallworth's just come on. We'll probably bring in someone bigger than Stallworth even if through the draft. Clayton may not even be the #3 next year if Mason's back.

- C -
    Yea to piggy back off of Jon Boys scenerio with my own twist i could see something like....

Derek Mason and Demaryius Thomas as starters, a 3rd round pick like Carlton Mitchell and Donte Stallworth competing for the 3rd and 4th, If Clayton cant make it to the 4th spot he'd likely be gone because he cant play on special teams.

Yea to piggy back off of Jon Boys scenerio with my own twist i could see something like....

Derek Mason and Demaryius Thomas as starters, a 3rd round pick like Carlton Mitchell and Donte Stallworth competing for the 3rd and 4th, If Clayton cant make it to the 4th spot he'd likely be gone because he cant play on special teams.
    Bingo, can only have 5 WR's on gameday if one can play on ST's. It also doesn't make sense to carry a guy like Clayton inactive. Inavtive spots are supposed to be for minorly injured players and developing players of value that negates PS.

I don't think Thomas would start the season a starter, but could easily end the season that way.

I highly doubt we're going to draft 2 receivers unless one is a very late round pick.

1 / 2 - Mason + draft/FA noob
    3 - Stallworth
    4 - Clayton

Clayton may pass Stallworth if Stall is really out of game shape, but Stall definitely has more talent.

If we get two more WRs via FA or the draft that are Stallworth quality or better, I agree, Clayton's likely finished.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

I've heard that Stalworth worked out in miami this whole time and is in pretty good shape and ran 40's in the 4.3 range in his workout with the Ravens