Lavar Arrington vs. Clinton Portis

Not sure if anyone has been following the Lavar vs. Clinton war of words going on. Here is the latest from Dan Steinburgs blog at the Washington Post.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...nds_to_cl.html

It's a pretty good read. Although, I have to laugh when the Skins fans say Lavar is one of the Redskins greats. They can't be serious...

Thumbs down Re: Lavar Arrington vs. Clinton Portis

Landover Redskins: [YAWN]yawn[/YAWN]
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Lavar Arrington vs. Clinton Portis

Clinton is a douche, realizing the end of his career is near. He has thrown Riggins, Zorn, Campbell, Cartright and now Lavar under the bus. He seems to have a short memory, given it was the in-coming head coach that canned him in Denver is on his way in.

Straight up locker room cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Although, I have to laugh when the Skins fans say Lavar is one of the Redskins greats. They can't be serious...
    Your lack of perspective into football history extends to other teams as well, I see. Lavar is easily in the list of top 5 LB's to ever play for the Skins and, arguably, one of the top 2. He has three pro-bowls under his belt which is a number only Sam Huff can top.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 02-11-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Your lack of perspective into football history extends to other teams as well, I see. Lavar is easily in the list of top 5 LB's to ever play for the Skins and, arguably, one of the top 2. He has three pro-bowls under his belt which is a number only Sam Huff can top.

Three pro bowls!! WOWZERS!! Definitely a hall of fame lock. The statue is in the works now, especially after his earth shattering 5 1/2 seasons with the team. Then his greatness was picked up by the Giants and cut after an injury. He had a reputation around the league as being uncoachable. He won ONE playoff game and was never selected as a first team all pro.

Were you even a Ravens fan when Redskins fans would claim Lavar is better than Ray?

You never cease to amaze me :grbac:

Three pro bowls!! WOWZERS!! Definitely a hall of fame lock. The statue is in the works now, especially after his earth shattering 5 1/2 seasons with the team. Then his greatness was picked up by the Giants and cut after an injury. He had a reputation around the league as being uncoachable. He won ONE playoff game and was never selected as a first team all pro.

Were you even a Ravens fan when Redskins fans would claim Lavar is better than Ray?

You never cease to amaze me :grbac:
    You missed his point so spectacularly that if you just keep going in the direction your heading, you might come straight around the globe and come up on it from behind.

His point, which was obvious, is that only all time great Sam Huff went to more Pro Bowls for the Redskins at LB. That means Lavar is one of their all time best LBers. This does not mean he is an all time great LB in the history of the league any more than Joe Flacco is an all time great QB in the history of the league just because he's the best QB we've ever had.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    You missed his point so spectacularly that if you just keep going in the direction your heading, you might come straight around the globe and come up on it from behind.

His point, which was obvious, is that only all time great Sam Huff went to more Pro Bowls for the Redskins at LB. That means Lavar is one of their all time best LBers. This does not mean he is an all time great LB in the history of the league any more than Joe Flacco is an all time great QB in the history of the league just because he's the best QB we've ever had.
    I understood his point quite clearly, but it seems you missed mine (and btw if you did some research you would know that Huff only made ONE pro bowl with the Redskins, HR was referencing overall pro bowls. Before you try explaining a post, perhaps you should understand it first? Maybe? OK thanks).

Using his (and unfortunately, your) logic, Kyle Boller is one of the "all time great" Ravens QB's, correct?

Not to mention there isn't a single semi-informed Skins fan that would say Lavar "five 1/2 seasons" Arrington is a more revered Redskins LB than Monte "sixteen seasons and THREE super bowl rings" Coleman. Not one. You could add Chuck Drazenovich's name to the list as well for the old school Skins fans. Lavar is the 4th best LB but again, that's like saying Kyle Boller was our 3rd best QB therefore an "all time Ravens great."
    Last edited by RavensDomination; 02-11-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Using his (and unfortunately, your) logic, Kyle Boller is one of the "all time great" Ravens QB's, correct?

Lavar is the 4th best LB but again, that's like saying Kyle Boller was our 3rd best QB therefore an "all time Ravens great."
    Kyle Boller is our franchise leader as far as passing goes so as much as you don't seem to be able grasp it... yes, Kyle is one of the greatest QBs the Ravens have ever had.

I was one of my high school's all time best wrestlers. This does not make me one of the greatest wrestler's ever, it just means my high school had a crappy wrestling program.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Guys, guys relax. This is coming from a guy who got knocked silly last year and never returned. He is obviously not all there even more so than usual. By the way I could care less for the Landover native americans.