Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Noise....

1. Crowd Noise....

Because of false starts, jumping offsides, and simple mental errors , I believe this is the ONE major factor that hinders a team from winning on the road, especially our Ravens:( Does anyone know if the Ravens practice with any loud crowd noise?? I know discipline helps from metal errors, but I think that practicing with loud noises could help too!

Blog Entries

Re: Crowd Noise....

With all the clueless wine and cheesers at M&T, I think they have enough experience with crowd noise at home!
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

No kidding.

Like Gerome Sapp said in the interview here on 24x7 with Tony..."The crowd is the crowd".

You have to have your stuff together in one sack regardless of where you play.
    All it will take is one road win to get the road monkey off the ravens backs...hopefully it will be tomorrow.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Interesting topic. On a side note, did anyone catch Roger Goodell's comments about possibly putting communication into every players helmet in the future? Now that would almost eliminate crowd noise as a factor in NFL games

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20...4728-8150r.htm
    "We have to continue to challenge ourselves on what we can do to make the game more attractive from a fan perspective," Goodell said. "Should we be using the technology that's available nowadays to make sure that our players can communicate with each other so they can come into an opposing stadium that may be loud and be able to play at the highest possible level?
    "We're hindering that right now to some extent. They're not able to put the full offense in. They're not able to change the play at the line of scrimmage. Frankly, I'm not sure that the best product is on the field."
    Goodell said he foresees having every player's helmet wired for optimum communication.
    "Not that we're going 'Star Wars' ... but it could potentially be that," Goodell said. "We have rules that restrict crowd noise. That's counter-intuitive to me. I love the 12th Man. I love the fact that home fans can influence the game. I'm not trying to take that away. I'm just trying to let our teams perform at the highest level."

Quote Originally Posted by skimmy
    Interesting topic. On a side note, did anyone catch Roger Goodell's comments about possibly putting communication into every players helmet in the future? Now that would almost eliminate crowd noise as a factor in NFL games

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20...4728-8150r.htm

That is actually not a bad idea.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Yeah, I don't think it's bad either. Noise is still a factor too.

Now how long before we get teams hiring PIs as consultants on the sideline to listen in on the transmissions?

I'm kidding.

But I do like that idea. It'll speed up the game too. Plays will get in from the sideline to everyone. You may basically be able to eliminate the huddle for every team...hell, maybe even reduce the playclock.

I am all about more plays in the game. And the dumb networks would like it because faster gameplay = more commercial time to sell.

Last time I checked they weren't having problems selling those...so that means more money...and that's what this is all about...right?

More plays means more injuries and more fatigue. The NFL would have to consider expanding the 53 man roster.

I don't like the idea at all.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Roger Goodell's comments about possibly putting communication into every players helmet in the future?
    What, no mention of WR's and DB's wearing jetpaks?

Make a team earn its win on the road.Don't take the 12th man out of the equation.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

9. Re: Crowd Noise....

Horrible idea...like anyone else, when a new boss comes on board, they want to make an impact....

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

That is actually not a bad idea.
    No, actually it a horrible idea, if you want to take the crowd out of the game why not just play in studios without crowds and let us all watch on TV!

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!

11. Re: Crowd Noise....

Dito that on the horrible idea. Great, take the crowd out of the equation. I heard Goodell mention that and had to rewind to make sure I heard it right...

I agree - horrible idea. Football is perhaps the sport where you, as the fan, most have a job to do and can have a significant impact on the outcome of the game. It's one of the biggest reasons for the NFL's popularity and the intensity of emotion embedded in each game for the fans.