Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT: Big bad NFL at it again

I have my run ins with the nfl police...i rather deal with the mob. did the insider shirts a few months back and they were on me. There was a story out a few years back about a very small coffee shop in Canada, the kind where you help yourself to coffee and leave you money. They had a Super Bowl ad. the nfl treaten to shut them down for the use of the name. But atleast you can kill dogs and still play
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    The "Go Pack GO" or some variation is a bit high-schoolish, but when I was in Green Bay, some of the visitors started chanting "Go Flac-Co" after they did theirs. It was a tad humorous.

As an attorney I understand the business issues related to the use of words, slogans, symbols, etc., but there are times to just let it go. This is a focus only because the Saints are in the Big Game. Pick the battles.

Go Saints.
    amen..who dat

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    The NFL goes overboard with its IP practices. Neither the Fleur-de-lis nor "Who Dat" is a direct reference to the Saints
    According to the Saints web site, "The New Orleans Saints name and logos are copyrights of the National Football League. Any person or business wishing to make and sell products incorporating NFL copyrights must obtain a merchandise license from NFL Properties."

The Fleur-de-lis in of itself is not property, but a black and gold version I am sure is. Especially when you plaster it on an t-shirt that's obviously being used to promote the team.

The standard is if a court will infer "copying by a showing of a "striking similarity" between the copyrighted work and the alleged copy. So, according to the article, the NFL has a strong case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I hope they don't go after the purple Natty Boh shirts!
    No chance. There are no team logo's and they simply mention "Baltimore Football"

Now there is a member of these boards that is treading a fine line, a line that I know for a fact the team (and band) is working toward correcting.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    According to the Saints web site, "The New Orleans Saints name and logos are copyrights of the National Football League. Any person or business wishing to make and sell products incorporating NFL copyrights must obtain a merchandise license from NFL Properties."

The Fleur-de-lis in of itself is not property, but a black and gold version I am sure is. Especially when you plaster it on an t-shirt that's obviously being used to promote the team.

The standard is if a court will infer "copying by a showing of a "striking similarity" between the copyrighted work and the alleged copy. So, according to the article, the NFL has a strong case.

No chance. There are no team logo's and they simply mention "Baltimore Football"

Now there is a member of these boards that is treading a fine line, a line that I know for a fact the team (and band) is working toward correcting.
    they tired to go after the Ravensnest also but the team got involved to stop the nfl

If the Saints keep using the Fleur-de-Lis, they may get a call from this guy. After all, doesn't the F-d-L represent a coopting of a trademark of the French Crown?

Maybe some of John Law's descendants could get involved as plaintiffs as well.

BS