Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AD On Cold Pizza

Today AD was a guest on Cold Pizza. Although these notes aren't exactly verbatim, here are a few of AD's comments from this morning:

When asked about the status of the Ravens:

"I think with this team you have a one or two year window tops."

When asked about the status of a new contract:

"I think the market sets itself every year. I’m optimistic that Baltimore will step up so that I can retire as a Baltimore Raven."

What are the deciding factors on where you end up?

"Money always plays a part. Coaching, the city and the system factor in."

He added...

"I like to be warm."

Re: AD On Cold Pizza

Well, the Packers don't have much of a shot, & he is their top free agent hope from what I have read.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Well, the Packers don't have much of a shot,
    Neither does Cleveland!!

"This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post

"I think with this team you have a one or two year window tops."
    Ugh. Really getting sick of hearing this. If you draft well, be smart about signing free agents and have good coaching, you ALWAYS have a shot in today's NFL. Sorry AD, I'd love to have you back, but don't want to mortgage the team's future for your 1 or 2 year "window".

He also pimped Rex Ryan as a great coach that San Diego should hire. If Rex does end up in San Diego, I guess AD would be there too. :grbac:

I hate to agree with David Duke, but he is correct in that this one or two year window stuff is overblown.

With the quality of the 2005 and 2006 draft and the hope for more good drafts in 07 and 08, we can be competitive past this one or two year window.

We have a great nucleus of young talent offensively and defensively on this club.
    Ngata, Reed, Landry, Scott, Suggs, Clayton, DWill, Adam Terry, Jason Brown, and Chris Chester. I will feel better once we get a real QB of the future and end the failed Boller experiment.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

AD's understanding of the draft equals Ed Reed's grasp of the Cap. Most players are clueless.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    I hate to agree with David Duke, but he is correct in that this one or two year window stuff is overblown.
    Everything is about race to you isn't it, Farrakhan? :insane:

"I think the market sets itself every year. I’m optimistic that Baltimore will step up so that I can retire as a Baltimore Raven."
    I like that!

I agree that the "window" is overrated...A solid organization keeps the window open for as long as the franchise is in business! I want AD to stay of course! I do not want to see him in SD!
    "IT'S NOT ATTITUDE, I'M JUST THAT GOOD!"

I think AD was just referring to the 1 or 2 year window with this set of players staying largerly intact. In 2009, Ray, Ogden, Rolle and others will likely be gone. I doubt he was referring to it from a cap perspective, but rather from a personnel perspective.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I think AD was just referring to the 1 or 2 year window with this set of players staying largerly intact. In 2009, Ray, Ogden, Rolle and others will likely be gone. I doubt he was referring to it from a cap perspective, but rather from a personnel perspective.
    Bingo.

I caught him on the show today.

He said all the right things. It would great to see him back in purple next season and for years to come.

I just don't know if it's feasible.

PP