Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Rotoworld's First Mock Draft

Yeah the guy has big time ability, maybe as much as any WR in the draft. Cant wait to see how he runs and how he does in the drills catching the ball at the combine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    We would have to take Gilyard in the 2nd to get him. Alexander has apparently looked like complete crap at Senior Bowl practices.

Here's something I would like to hear some feedback on: if there are two talents that are arguably the same in the second round at DE and CB (Oghabaase from Duke at DE and Cook at CB, for example) who do we take??
    All things being equal (whatever that means) I'd take the DE, because a strong pass rush makes up for deficiencies in coverage. OTOH, you can have great CBs but if there's not a good rush, they can only cover for so long. The Giants a couple years ago were like that -- killer pass rush, so-so secondary that played --statistically-- above its talent level due to the pass rush. And I do like Oghobaase. He's a great talent (top 10 DT out of HS if I recall correctly, don't have the Phil Steele guide on my desk at the moment) and of course, smart if he went to Duke. I like smart players, and smart players with talent - hell yeah.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    All things being equal (whatever that means) I'd take the DE, because a strong pass rush makes up for deficiencies in coverage. OTOH, you can have great CBs but if there's not a good rush, they can only cover for so long. The Giants a couple years ago were like that -- killer pass rush, so-so secondary that played --statistically-- above its talent level due to the pass rush. And I do like Oghobaase. He's a great talent (top 10 DT out of HS if I recall correctly, don't have the Phil Steele guide on my desk at the moment) and of course, smart if he went to Duke. I like smart players, and smart players with talent - hell yeah.
    I would have to disagree on Oghobaase, I watched alot of tape on him because I kept hearing alot of hype and I wasn't to impressed. Maybe it was due to the fact that hecan't tackle for shit, he was fast and able to get off blocks but missed alot of tackles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Found another mid to late rounder sleeper....Carlton Mitchell, a WR from USF. Expected to run 4.4 to 4.5 and he is 6-4 and 218 lbs. Guy has alot of ability, reminds you alot of Brandon Marshall, could use some coaching but might be worth a look in the 3rd or 4th.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U-ubxSJeEQ
    Nice find.. he looks like a burner and gets wide open a lot. If he makes it to the third, i would put TE on hold for another rd pending who is available and grab this guy.

Good research

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=190636
    (He did disappear a bit against better teams, but that could also be a matter of QB performance) In the games that Mitchell did not produce many stats, B.J Daniels (QB) only had 44 attempts in 3 games (Pitt, FSU, U) and only completed 18 passes. Daniels was the back up to Grothe who went down with an injury after 3 games. Mitchell also missed 2 games
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 01-27-2010 at 02:02 PM.