Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Baltimore trip 2010!

It's now confirmed that there is to be no second NFL game in 2010. Be in no doubt that the Ravens were involved in the negotiations for that game.

Now we move on to the trip for 2010. Tania and I are going over - subject to the schedule giving us a 'good match'. I've said that much as I would love to make a Steelers game - but it's not an environment I'm willing to expose Tania to for her first gig. :girlfight

If you want to go on a combined trip this season lets put some ideas down now. September will come soon enough!!!!
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Re: Baltimore trip 2010!

The dates me and Katie are looking at are September 18th to 28th. The reason being it's that falls just after Katie finishes Uni so we're not cutting too far into potential earnings.

I've already looked at hotels and flights and can get a 3 star hotel and flights for me and her for ten nights, coming in at £1500.

Obviously we're waiting for the schedule to come out but barring the two Sundays between these dates being road games or a bye week then we are all set.

I'm more than likely out again this year and certainly can't commit to anything this far in advance. Shall see how finances and work are looking closer to the time.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    I'm more than likely out again this year and certainly can't commit to anything this far in advance. Shall see how finances and work are looking closer to the time.
    I'd hope that we can keep costs down if we double-up on a few things. Certainly room sharing for the guys splits them.

Of course I am taken!!!

I am definitely going, I hope to get a home game and away game in while I'm there!

James and his girlfriend will more than likely be coming too, will be great to have even more of us from the boardire::eng::haggis

As ever the fixture list, getting tickets & money will be the hurdles to overcome.

If it comes to it, then we have enough experienced members to do two trips. All you really have to do is get a flight / hotel / match tickets. Problem is that it's the rest that makes it great :ww:

Nialls is coming over for the opener MNF against Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    Nialls is coming over for the opener MNF against Bengals.
    I trust that rascal will get in touch if he wants another shot at having crabcakes at a waterfront crabhouse in Annapolis!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by cb99 View Post
    Any idea on how much a taxi would be back to Baltimore from Annapolis if we stayed for a few pints after the game?
    Based on BWI cabbies, it's going to be in the $60 - $100 range. Much cheaper would involve an exchange, such as taking Super Shuttle from downtown Annapolis hotel at $35 first passenger, $12 additional, to BWI airport, then $1.65 to downtown Baltimore via Light Rail.

Or if you get stuck, call me and I'll pick you up to let you sleep with the widow next door.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Or if you get stuck, call me and I'll pick you up to let you sleep with the widow next door.
    Intriguing!

There seems to be options to join open (paid tailgates) in both Philly (phillytailgate.com) & Annapolis (usna alum).. Can't seem to find any in Baltimore (done a fair amount of googling - All I can find is a non-alcoholic one in a fire station & one that was held in the sports museum for 1 game 3/4 years ago). Do any exist?

I was just kidding about the widow next door. Remember, this is the USA: She likely is already sleeping with Messrs Smith & Wesson by her side.

As to non-alcoholic tailgate parties ... huh? I have never heard of such blasphemy. While Baltimore is not Dublin, we do consume a lot of beer. A little factoid while I was growing up: Baltimore had more taverns per capita than any other major US city.

There is a fire hall somewhere near the stadium, but others will have to address if they sell beer (liquor licensing is a funny business).

There are several outdoor pubs set up for game-day food & drink & live music, under the I-395 viaduct along Ravens Walk , which is the pathway connecting the baseball and football stadiums.

ravens walk.jpg

Beers are at Ravens Walk much cheaper than those sold inside the stadium, but selection may be limited to Bud, Miller, and other watered down malt drinks.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

There are several outdoor pubs set up for game-day food & drink & live music, under the I-395 viaduct along Ravens Walk , which is the pathway connecting the baseball and football stadiums.

ravens walk.jpg

Beers are at Ravens Walk much cheaper than those sold inside the stadium, but selection may be limited to Bud, Miller, and other watered down malt drinks.
    Ta,, went down to Ravens walk last time I was over (4 years ago) ... maybe it was the cold, but didn't seem to be much going on... certainly didn't look like the picture! Didn't realise there were pubs on the way.... Sounds like a plan!!