Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Anita Marks is GONE from 105.7

I was listening to 105.7 a little while ago as the Viviano show was signing off (Steve Davis filling in for Viviano). Bullfrog said during the signoff (paraphrasing), "Ever have a song stuck in your head that won't go away. Ding Dong the witch is dead is stuck in my head."

Cheap shot from a colleague. But why should I expect anything different from a classless wannabe like Yaffe?

Back to Davis, I hope he hangs around.

As for a replacement I bet they stick with a woman and I bet it is not Amber Theoharis. I think those god awful Ravens shows on MASN that she hosts are plenty.

I know I am in the minority, but I actually enjoyed some of her comments and insight. Overall, I admired her game analysis after Ravens games and understanding the overall needs of the team.

Where she fell down, in my opinion, was when she insisted that the Ravens pursue bringing back Chris McAllister and signing WR like Brandon Marshall and Anquan Bolton. Anyone who knows anything about the Ravens, should know that the team was NOT going to bring back McAllister. The Ravens also are not going to trade a first round draft choice for anybody, particularly if the player has any on or off the field issues.

She needed time to learn about the Baltimore fan base and unfortunately once people dismissed her as a dumb blonde, she could never redeem herself.

Scott Garceau is boring by himself and he needs someone to bring some lively discussion to the show--male or female. I still think Jerry Coleman has the best afternoon sports show.

I never listen to sports radio, particularly the screeches from Anita, but I would certainly watch an Amber & Scott show on MASN. It would be great to have a female sportscaster who is both attractive and who actually knows at least something about Baltimore sports.

The only good thing I could say about Anita Marks was the Playboy nudies.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Well you could always try to lure back Sage Steele :grbac:

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
    :):ww:laugh:

We should give ourselves a good pat on the back for running her out of town. She had to know she was not well received. You had to wonder her motivation for wanting some of those players around. I think her friendship with them superseded her common sense that Harbaugh will never ever have a big name/big mouth WR here. Remember - he saw that act in Philly with TO.

That afternoon show is bound to suffer, however, becuase now it is going to be very vanilla.

It was the stuttering when she got excited that I didn't like

"I-I-I-I-I"

Won't miss her at all - Tuned that Shrill Blather off many times driving home in the evening.

Great, now all the complaints from Baltimore locals can cease.

Yeah, right.:grbac:

Thank Gawd!!!!!!!!!!!

BUH - BYE!!!!
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

You are too kind. She stuttered 99.5% of the time.. she made Elmer Fudd look like a linguist. :D

Quote Originally Posted by terpsnoone View Post
    It was the stuttering when she got excited that I didn't like

"I-I-I-I-I"

Won't miss her at all - Tuned that Shrill Blather off many times driving home in the evening.

Next up, get rid of Bulldog.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

It is not it is clear what yet what CBS will do to replace Marks on the popular "Scott Garceau And Anita Marks Show" afternoon on WJZ-FM....
    I get the sense that Garceau could interview a wooden post and it would be an instant upgrade over Anita, so does the answer to this question even matter? Maybe if they announce Preston as a permanent replacement, but otherwise, who really cares?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid