Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: nascar racing down our throats

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    I have tried it, it just gets worse and worse. I have an asphalt paving company... about 110 employees. Probably 85 of them are fans. They are ready to fight at the drop of the hat if you make a disparaging remark about #8, or #13 or whoever. They spend scads of money buying the most tacky souveneirs, and think their nascar tailgating somehow equates to our football tailgates. I just keep my mouth shut... Don't want to alienate employees, ya know! But the more I hear, the more trite it becomes to me!:bag:
    If you don't like NASCAR then watch something else. Hate it all you want but it's the biggest sport in the USA hands down. ESPN put out alot of $$$ to cover the season.

It's a love or hate sport. I happen to like it and go to a couple races every year. tacky souvenirs? No different then football stuff...tshirts of players, hats, collectibles. Football tailgating better then NASCAR? Ever tailgate with 150,000 people?
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

As I was flipping through the dial from the golf tournament that Phil blew, I was greeted to a bunch of cars standing still on a track.

Wow, that's entertaining stuff

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Say what you want about Nascar, but that was one of the greatest finishes ever. To have a guy win the race by .02 seconds is amazing. Also don't forget the huge wreck that occured on the last lap.

I'm not a huge fan and never will be, but at least it's something to watch during the down time of the sports season.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    NASCAR is also boring as hell....wooo cars going around in an oval all day.

Give me Le Mans, GT3, Formula-1, Fia-GT, Rally-cars

Something that's interesting, takes skill, and actually has new technology. Well, and now, less substantially less cheating.
    Don't say that if you have not attended a race life. It's action that continues for hours and they let you bring in your own beer. You can bring your own beer to M&T Bank.

You can bring your own beer to M&T Bank.
    Yeah, but the damn tellers always want one.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Say what you want about Nascar, but that was one of the greatest finishes ever. To have a guy win the race by .02 seconds is amazing. Also don't forget the huge wreck that occured on the last lap.

I'm not a huge fan and never will be, but at least it's something to watch during the down time of the sports season.
    Who cares? You watchfor hours, same crap, they reset the race, same garbage. I don't want to see any crashes. Baser instincts do not woo me.. I would rather watch birthing films!

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    If you don't like NASCAR then watch something else. Hate it all you want but it's the biggest sport in the USA hands down. ESPN put out alot of $$$ to cover the season.

It's a love or hate sport. I happen to like it and go to a couple races every year. tacky souvenirs? No different then football stuff...tshirts of players, hats, collectibles. Football tailgating better then NASCAR? Ever tailgate with 150,000 people?
    I watch what I like. I don't like it! It's got LOTS of fans... So what, does that mean I should like it? American Idol is the most watched show. I don't like it. I don't watch it. I even turn off the commercials for it> It is what's wrong with this country. Too many blind sheep following wherever the first one goes. We listen to music that the record companies want us to, now we are to watch Nascar because espn wants us to? I think not!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac View Post
    Congrats, turn the channel! I used to feel this way but it grows on you.
    My point exactly is: They(espn) have integrated it into EVERY show they have! Mike & Mike, outside the lines, NFL live, PTI, Around the horn, The radio... Dan Patrick. It just stinks!!!!

I beg to differ. Their jackets, hats, and every thing else is TACKY!!! Tacky Tacky Tacky! I won't buy a jacket with every commodity on the market advertised on it! They got scrambled eggs on everything! I'm sorry, but I just can't get into the alternative to "rasslin' ".

It's not the tailgating, it's the sport! I can have a great time in the walmart parking lot, too, but if I'm ending the tailgate to go shop at Walmart, I think I'll just go home. I mean after all, it's all the same people! People you wouldn't see any where else but Nascar, and walmart!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    It's not the tailgating, it's the sport! I can have a great time in the walmart parking lot, too, but if I'm ending the tailgate to go shop at Walmart, I think I'll just go home. I mean after all, it's all the same people! People you wouldn't see any where else but Nascar, and walmart!
    It's quite obvious you don't respect people who like NASCAR like myself. You don't like NASCAR...fine...great...your choice. Some of us do. You won't find me shopping at Walmart...and I'm actually highly educated.

So stop with your insults of people that do.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

It's quite obvious you don't respect people who like NASCAR like myself. You don't like NASCAR...fine...great...your choice. Some of us do. You won't find me shopping at Walmart...and I'm actually highly educated.

So stop with your insults of people that do.
    I apologize, That was not my intent! I started this thread to complain about ESPN cramming it down our throats! It's fine that they want to carry it! To each his own, etc. But they were, and are, cramming it down our throats. It has appeared in EVERY thing they have broadcast for the last few weeks! I don't appreciate it! I wish my tv viewing to be nascar free! And then, on this thread, people wrote that if i gave it a chance, I may like it. Well, I couldn't, wouldn't won't, can't! Again, show it, people who like it will watch! Just don't force me to watch coverage on shows that have nothing to do with it! They used to poo-poo it on PTI, Around the horn, Now they discuss it like they watch it, or know what they're talking about! And it is not hard to figure out what they are trying to do, promote interest in it, because NOW they are carrying races(GREED)... (we gotta get in on this money tree!) I shop at walmart, because it is close, and I am well educated, enough to notice that 50% or more of the shoppers wear Steeler hats and nascar jackets, therefore the comment! Sorry!But, After all, you are right, I do not respect nascar fans. I should change that! And saying highly educated nascar fans, just seems like an oxymoron! I'm not saying that I'm right, it's just how i have always felt! Maybe it was because all the nascar fans i know were, well, NOT!!!!
    Last edited by Rochardrik; 02-20-2007 at 03:56 PM.