1. Last 4 Super Bowl Teams

Steelers
    Cardinals
    Colts
    Saints

This is a passing league. All efforts this off-season need to go toward upgrading our passing game to play in the modern game. We have the QB, not we need our Holmes/Fitz/Wayne/Colston.

The rules favor a passing team with an elite QB. The power running game is nice, but it's pretty obvious that alone won't get it done. Draft D. Thomas in the first round, trade our second rounder for Dwayne Bowe.

Blog Entries

Re: Last 4 Super Bowl Teams

Will a 2nd rounder get it done for Dwayne Bowe? I'm pretty sure Scott Pioli is smarter than that, he's worth a 1st and another pick.

A 2nd is more likely to get you Boldin.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

3. Re: Last 4 Super Bowl Teams

and what we need on defense is a pass rusher and a corner that jam and stay with a receiver

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Will a 2nd rounder get it done for Dwayne Bowe? I'm pretty sure Scott Pioli is smarter than that, he's worth a 1st and another pick.

I read an article on ESPn the other day that said the most offered fro Boldin last year was a third and a player and that was not good enough then, but they believe that would be more then enough now for the Cards to jump on it.

Not sure if he is the answer but he would be a nice upgrade along with a young WR for Flacco.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

But what if the problem IS our QB? I'm just saying.....I like Flacco and all, but I have a hard time believing he will ever be Brees, Warner, Manning, Brady, Farve. He doesn't have the personallity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    But what if the problem IS our QB? I'm just saying.....I like Flacco and all, but I have a hard time believing he will ever be Brees, Warner, Manning, Brady, Farve. He doesn't have the personallity.
    :insane:

Blog Entries

What personality? Everyone on offense says they respect Joe's leadership genuinely. He may be a quiet guy, but it's not like Joe is just letting someone else run the offense on the field. He is the director on the field.

It's ridiculous to think just because a guy doesn't want to shove off his kicking unit on a 4th and 1, he's not ready to be a great QB. The 5 you listed are elite QBs, who have taken time to develop. After 2 years, SD wasn't sure Brees could be a starter, so they went out and drafted Rivers. After 2 years, Brady and Manning were performing about as well as Flacco is. Favre wasn't a superstar until his 5th year in the league
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Brees - didn't play as a rookie; had a combined 29-31 TD-INT ratio after his first two seasons as a starter (three years in the league).
    Even after FIVE years in the league, Brees still hadn't inspired a ton of confidence in San Diego and wound up in New Orleans while the Chargers went with Phil Rivers.

Warner: Finished college in 1994. Threw his first NFL pass in 1998. Was still bagging groceries and hoping for a shot to play in the Arena League at the same stage in his career that Flacco was playing in his fifth NFL playoff game. But I guess you were hanging around the Food Lion telling everybody what a great QB he was going to be, right? Tossed one pass in 1998; was second string in 1999 and would have stayed there had Trent Green not ripped up a knee in preseason.

Favre: Dumped by the Falcons after one season due to showing more promise of becoming the next John Blutarsky than the next great Hall of Fame QB.

Brady: 6th round draft pick. Threw three passes as rookie. In other words, he threw one NFL pass for every one NFL playoff game Joe Flacco played in as a rookie. Stats through first 2 years as a starter (3 years in the league): very similar to Flacco's.

Manning: 26-28 TD-INT ratio as a rookie. Two excellent seasons after that, followed by a 26-23 ratio in Season four. Publicly ripped by his KICKER for lack of leadership after the 2002 season -- his fifth in the league.

MORE: Ben Roethlisberger has QB'd two Super Bowl winning teams, despite averaging 2500 yards and 17 TDs over his first two seasons. Flacco has thrown for more than 1500 yards more than Roethlisberger did in his first two seasons, and thrown one more TD pass.

DID YOU KNOW: that in Johnny Unitas' 5th, 6th and 7th years in the NFL (1960-62), he had a combined 64-71 TD-INT ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

You're grossly underestimating the value teams place on their draft picks, and/or overestimating these guys' market values. Bowe seems to have some attitude issues and will probably garner at most a 2nd and a backup player or late round pick. Boldin a 3rd and maybe ... maybe ... something more if it's a late 3rd round pick.

???

Personality doesn't really have much to do with anything.

And I didn't know that you knew Flacco personally. Does he know what you think about his chances to be as good as these guys?

Nevermind that not being a HoF quarterback is not exactly a shame-worthy thing. Derrick Mason anyone? Nothing wrong with belonging in the Hall of Very Good.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by tspot-d-ravenator View Post
    and what we need on defense is a pass rusher and a corner that jam and stay with a receiver
    exactly!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton