Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: This is what a good O Game Plan looks like

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    This offseason has to be the one where Joe makes a dramatic leap in mastering and executing the playbook.

Maybe not to a Unitas-type level (very few do), but at least a Dave Krieg-ish degree.
    Krieg's best season, I repeat BEST season::

276 for 480 (57.5%) 3,671 yards 7.6 per attempt 32 TDs 24 picks, QB rating of 83.3

(Admittedly he had many seasons where he didn't throw for as many picks, but it seems that in order to get that many yards he needs to be less careful with the ball.)

In seasons in which he played at least 12 games Krieg never had a QB rating over 91.

Flacco's sophomore season:

315 for 499 (63.1%) 3,613 for 7.2 per attempt 21 TDs 12 picks QB rating 88.9

To get to Krieg's level is going to take a DRAMATIC LEAP? Your bias is showing. Care to try again? Also still waiting for an answer R52... how is 20 picks a better decision maker than 12?
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Ridiculous assessment! You know y those plays worked? they have explosive players like Brad Smith and Braylon Edwards that can make them work. You try those plays with Mason or Clayton and you get a coverage sack or a forced throw. As far as the rest of the play calling, throws outside the hash, roll-outs, look familiar??? its because we ran those plays with our rookie QB last year! Cam is one of the best offensive minds in the game and its unfair to really criticize him with the lack of weapons. We will get weapons this offseason and we will come out a put up points each week and i hope the same people can admit they are wrong about cam

"and at least 3 or 4 times each game he misses a WR deep"

What games were those again? I don't recall any games in which he missed 3 or 4 deep throws...and I've yet to miss a home game

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    "and at least 3 or 4 times each game he misses a WR deep"

What games were those again? I don't recall any games in which he missed 3 or 4 deep throws...and I've yet to miss a home game
    Then maybe you were taking a piss or buying beer or something.

When I say "miss" I mean failing to recognize the deep man has broken free and dumping it off or taking a sack instead.

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Krieg's best season, I repeat BEST season::

276 for 480 (57.5%) 3,671 yards 7.6 per attempt 32 TDs 24 picks, QB rating of 83.3

(Admittedly he had many seasons where he didn't throw for as many picks, but it seems that in order to get that many yards he needs to be less careful with the ball.)

In seasons in which he played at least 12 games Krieg never had a QB rating over 91.

Flacco's sophomore season:

315 for 499 (63.1%) 3,613 for 7.2 per attempt 21 TDs 12 picks QB rating 88.9

To get to Krieg's level is going to take a DRAMATIC LEAP? Your bias is showing. Care to try again? Also still waiting for an answer R52... how is 20 picks a better decision maker than 12?
    Haha this is so great. Ravenous refuses to answer his question because he knows how wrong he is. It's a shame that alot of Ravens fans will disrespect their own team and it's staff.

I for one am glad we will have a first and a third round pick this year to further build this young team. We didn't make the blockbuster WR trade like the Cowboys did. And our 1st round pick was Oher and our 3rd round pick was Webb while the Cowboys sat patiently to draft Jason Williams who notched a whopping 3 tackles this year.

Sanchez looked good in the two playoff games but has not had a good year. Flacco had a better first year has improved this year. The funny thing to me is we're comparing the 5th pick overall with the 18th pick overall and our 18th pick has proven to be better so far, yet we hear criticism about Ozzie all the time. Even better is that Sanchez makes more than twice as much money as Flacco.

Flacco's deal: 5 years, 30 million, 12 million guaranteed
    Sanchez' deal: 5 years, 60 million, 28 million guaranteed

Get out of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by afcnchamps View Post
    Haha this is so great. Ravenous refuses to answer his question because he knows how wrong he is.
    Well R52, you're being called out by more than just me now... care to answer the question?

How does Sanchez's 20 picks compared to Flacco's 12 indicate that Sanchez makes better decisions?

You were quite adamant that Sanchez has better mobility (which I cocede) "pocket presence" (which I've chosen to ignore as a nebulous and undefinable term like "playmaker") and was a better decision maker. Since decision making is the only one of those stats that we can truly measure, I looked at the numbers. Flacco has a better completion percentage, fewer picks, and apparently found the deep man more often based on his greater yards per attempt. So, Ravenous, please stop for just a moment to defend your initial statement in this thread and explain to me how the numbers and final results on the field this year led you to believe that throwing 20 interceptions was more indicative of good decision making than throwing only 12?
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I will have to agree to disagree.

Flacco definently needs weapons, but I think what R52 is trying to compare here is pocket presense not that Sanchez is better, but the fact that he looks confident moving around in the pocket and does move faster on his drop backs and release.

I think Joe is better that Dirty Sanchez (needs a lot of work), but Joe does need some work and rightfully so, just finished his second year. I am not going to lie, if we take a WR or not I expect alot more this year from Flacco and Cam better take the damn brakes off. Also look at the fact that Rex did let Sanchez play more and the result of that was 12-20, but he probably learned more with that 12-20, than Joe did with Cam's BS vanilla Offense. Another thing I liked about what they did with Sanchez was alot of 3 step drops a release, a lot of Play action and a lot of quick slants to pull the LB's back and keep the blitzes down and the Safeties from cheating up to much.

Why is everyone forgetting that Sanchez was horrible for 12 of his 15 regular season games this season? He looked decent during the post-season, but like Eli Manning, a three-game stretch simply shouldn't be a signal that you're ready or deserving of being a $100MM quarterback. The Giants are going to pay that price for years to come. At least the book is still out on Sanchez, but let's not pretend here that Sanchez can come close to having accomplished what Flacco's done on the field to this point in their respective careers.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid