Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Jets - Colts

I'm sure this takes skill and whatever, but watching bubble screens and 3 and 5 yard slants, in a dome no less, is just flat out boring. Which is strange, because offensive football is usually fun to watch. This really is like watching a rinky dink Arena League game. If there's any real NFL intensity down there on that little fake field, I'm not perceiving it through my tv screen.

I never liked the "West Coast offense" much, but at least SF had great playmakers like Rice and Taylor who could make you jump up out of your seat. Watching the Colts move the ball is like watching a roller spreading blacktop on a driveway at .05 mph.

Was watching the AC Milan - Inter Milan match most of the time. Much more exciting. If this is the way the NFL wants its games to go, I'm leaving it on GOL Tv from here on out. And there's no chance in hell I'm watching any of Minn- N.O. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Flacco sees the pump fake by Sanchez and says: "What? We're allowed to do that?"
    Be careful... Somebody might accuse you of hating Joe Flacco...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I don't understand the butt hurt every time someone calls you out for a ludicrous opinion.

Wow... works both ways.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Him not using the pump fake is frustrating. Along the same lines of how Bilick drove me nuts not using play action when we had a 2000 yard rusher. I hope to see 10x more pump faking out of Joe next year. It's cheap, it's easy, it works. Also gives you intel on the D; reveals assignments for future reference. Doesn't require any thinking to do it. Once you've decided not to hit a guy, pump fake at him as you're looking to your next target. Easiest thing on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Him not using the pump fake is frustrating. Along the same lines of how Bilick drove me nuts not using play action when we had a 2000 yard rusher. I hope to see 10x more pump faking out of Joe next year. It's cheap, it's easy, it works. Also gives you intel on the D; reveals assignments for future reference. Doesn't require any thinking to do it. Once you've decided not to hit a guy, pump fake at him as you're looking to your next target. Easiest thing on earth.
    Stop this negative talk right now. You have no right to be frustrated with Joe Flacco, Mister!

He was hurt and none of his receivers belong in the NFL!!

It's all Ozzie's fault!

No. It frustrates me too. I want him to be less "stiff" and more "dynamic" myself, if you know where I'm coming from. I think in these early few years he's suffering from what is known as "paralysis by analysis", or information overload.

He seems bright enough to eventually master the playbook and offensive personnel.

I personally think he'll figure it out if our O-line stays intact and we get a true #1 WR to go with our Top 5 running attack.

But I'll still criticize him when he screws up. Such is life.:D

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    This seems familiar to me... a Rex Ryan defense contains Peyton for a half, then Manning gets into the locker room, checks out the film, figures out the blitz, and promptly marches down the field for a TD.
    THIS

I was just going to post this. Rex did exactly what he always did here. His complicated blitzes and schemes confuse Peyton for awhile, then he adjusts and starts picking them apart.

Man, we should have hired that guy here!

Watching Irsay ramble on...man this is making mne SICK.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Interesting angle on this...both times Manning has gone to the SB, he's beaten us in the divisional round.

Next year, let's hope we meet in either Wild Card Round or Championship game...where we can proceed to snap that streak.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Watching Irsay ramble on...man this is making mne SICK.
    I turned as soon as Cotchery deflected that last INT to Indy.

I still think Rex would've been an excellent coach for the Ravens.

Love his swag and attitude. Plus he was already in-house and intimately familiar with the inner-workings of our organization.

But although I'm not 100% on the Harbs bandwagon, I do give him his props based on playoff results.

I want him to be less "stiff" and more "dynamic" myself, if you know where I'm coming from.
    Ditto!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton