Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Curse of Trent Dilfer

Like the curse of Babe Ruth against the Boston Red Socks, the curse of Trent Dilfer once again strikes the Ravens. For you Ravens fans who are not following this, Trent Dilfer, who QB the Ravens to their only super bowl and was undefeated as a Ravens QB was cut by the Ravens the very next year and thus became the only QB in NFL history to not be the starting QB for the team that won the super bowl. It showed no class on the Ravens part and to this day has never been addressed by the Ravens.

The Ravens decided to sign a QB who only played one year Elvis Garbac and on top of that they had to give up Priest Holmes (the money and cap room) who had a great career in KC. When Jamal Lewis was hurt in training camp that year, the Ravens did not have a running back that they could relay on all year.

The Ravens will not win another Super bowl because of the curse of Trent Dilfer. Look how long it took Boston to overcome that curse of the Babe .

Re: The Curse of Trent Dilfer

:insane:

What the hell are you talking about? Trent Dilfer? If anyone was cursed, I would say it was Dilfer, not the Ravens.

Dilfer played in 8 regular season games with us, LOSING his first (9-6 loss to Pit - so much for that "undefeated" claim). His numbers were 134 for 226, 59.3%, 1502 yds, 12 TD, 11 INT.

After leaving Baltimore, he never had another starting job.

As for Priest Holmes, the Ravens had to give up either him or Jamal Lewis. The Ravens got the better deal. Holmes' best season was 2002, when he ran for 1,615 yards for KC, and a career total of 8,172 yards. While Jamal's best season was 2003, when he ran for 2,066 yards, and a career total of 10,607 yards.

Beer, dont bother ....

Of his 8 posts, 7 of them have been to try and buy tickets to the games, of which he claims are cursed.

Dont feed the troll.

Blog Entries

won't.... dignify that.... with... response.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Trent Dilfer? If anyone was cursed, I would say it was Dilfer, not the Ravens.

Dilfer played in 8 regular season games with us, LOSING his first (9-6 loss to Pit - so much for that "undefeated" claim). His numbers were 134 for 226, 59.3%, 1502 yds, 12 TD, 11 INT.

After leaving Baltimore, he never had another starting job.

As for Priest Holmes, the Ravens had to give up either him or Jamal Lewis. The Ravens got the better deal. Holmes' best season was 2002, when he ran for 1,615 yards for KC, and a career total of 8,172 yards. While Jamal's best season was 2003, when he ran for 2,066 yards, and a career total of 10,607 yards.
    I'm no TrINT Dilfer fan, but I'm pretty sure I saw him start for the 49ers against Kyle Boller 3 years ago at Candlestick. Mista T and others who were present can verify that fact.:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I'm no TrINT Dilfer fan, but I'm pretty sure I saw him start for the 49ers against Kyle Boller 3 years ago at Candlestick. Mista T and others who were present can verify that fact.:T2:
    He was an injury replacement that year. He only started 6 games. His only "starting gig" after us was an 11 game attempt in Cleveland '05 in which he got the first 11 starts of the season and was then yanked due to injury and poor performance.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Seriously. What the hell is happening to our forum?

Quote Originally Posted by marcoted View Post
    It showed no class on the Ravens part and to this day has never been addressed by the Ravens.
    Whether you agreed with the decision or not, it most certainly HAS been addressed by the Ravens ad nauseum.

Like the curse of Babe Ruth against the Boston Red Socks, the curse of Trent Dilfer once again strikes the Ravens. For you Ravens fans who are not following this, Trent Dilfer, who QB the Ravens to their only super bowl and was undefeated as a Ravens QB was cut by the Ravens the very next year and thus became the only QB in NFL history to not be the starting QB for the team that won the super bowl. It showed no class on the Ravens part and to this day has never been addressed by the Ravens.

The Ravens decided to sign a QB who only played one year Elvis Garbac and on top of that they had to give up Priest Holmes (the money and cap room) who had a great career in KC. When Jamal Lewis was hurt in training camp that year, the Ravens did not have a running back that they could relay on all year.

The Ravens will not win another Super bowl because of the curse of Trent Dilfer. Look how long it took Boston to overcome that curse of the Babe .
    I'm waiting for the tie-in with why we cant beat the Colts. I don't understand how they screwed us so bad yet we cant beat them.

This thread is surely cursed!!

Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Blog Entries

Can I make up my own curse now?