Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens will pick 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I really think we will address DE, WR, probably even TE before we draft a corner, unless Haden drops. I think our corners are fine right now, what we need is increased pressure.
    Agree. Secondaries have a funny way of looking really good when there's a good pass rush. Our secondary isn't an issue unless you count health. Based on the last two season's disastrous injury problems in the secondary, I don't blame people for wanting more depth here. It's not easy to plug guys in and be good. It takes time to develop an understanding of who covers what on what play -- who needs help -- who's good at handing off receivers (switching), who tends to drift where on certain plays, etc. The more a group plays together, the more they make a seamless web back there. It often has more to do with reps than talent -- the talent at the NFL level is all basically pretty good; communication and experience do the rest.

Right now I think TE will be the first thing we take.

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    25th. They changed this rule last year after San Diego went to the divisional round of the playoffs but still had the pick of an 8-8 team. (Meaning they picked BEFORE the no playoff Pats.)
    Interesting. When did they announce that happening? I hadn't seen it at all.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

The news crawl on the NFL Network had been showing the draft positions all weekend long, and it had (Saturday before the games) "positions 25 through 32 decided by postseason finish."

or something like that.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    25th. They changed this rule last year after San Diego went to the divisional round of the playoffs but still had the pick of an 8-8 team. (Meaning they picked BEFORE the no playoff Pats.)

Now its Picks 1-20 based on regular season and the 12 playoff teams are slotted based on how they finish in the playoffs. If we had gone one and out we would have drafted 21, I'll trade a playoff beat down of Brady for 4 slots.
    Thanks. I missed that too.

Not sure I like the rule change. What is more indicative of your overall team strength - record after a 16 game season, or record through 4 loser goes home playoff games?