Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jim Leonard

Re: Jim Leonard

The love fest for this guy on here is making me sick!

He was a good punt returner here and was ok at safety. He was nothing special on D.

2. Re: Jim Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

He was a good punt returner here and was ok at safety. He was nothing special on D.
    I mean, we don't need to get in a debate about how good the guy is when we're talking about our hopes for a speedy recovery from a season-ending injury. But basically the guy has good character, he gets beat a lot, and makes incredible plays a lot. In the Tennessee playoff game he had a hand in all three of the Titans' turnovers, rushed the QB to force him to throw an INT, recovered a fumble, and forced a fumble. If we don't have any one of those plays we probably don't win that game. So there should be nothing wrong with some Raven affection for the guy, even if it made sense to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post

Are you crazy? He's the greatest safety ever to play the game! Better than Reed, Polamalu, Lott. Letting him walk was the single biggest mistake Ozzie ever made and he should have been fired for it! Little Jimmy is appreciated by a TRUE genius like Rex Ryan. Now the Jets D will drop to the bottom half of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    R-i-i-i-i-ght!

Betcha many thousands of other Ravens fans would agree with me that Mattison is not NFL ready, and that the Ravens success in defense is more attributable to the players skills and the soft 2nd half schedule than Mattison's coaching.

And what does this have to do with Jim Leohard anyway?
    Not that I care either way about Mattison, but what has Rex Ryan’s defense ever won? What team have they ever stopped when it really mattered? They were top 5 consistently but when the Steelers and Colts where marching through the playoffs they're first minor bump in the road was a Rex Ryan defense.

Mattison may or may not be a NFL coordinator, but Rex Ryan gets way too much credit for being a great coordinator when his defense was constantly undisciplined and never stopped a good team when it mattered, heck the Jets are just slightly above average now but you'd think they beat every team going away if you listen to the pundits.

Oh and too bad about Jim, I hate to see a guy have his season ended during practice, and when the Pats beat the crap out of the Jets on Monday night I don't like giving Rex an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by RockGod View Post
    Not that I care either way about Mattison, but what has Rex Ryan’s defense ever won? What team have they ever stopped when it really mattered?
    Well, in all honesty, his defense DID stop the Irsays by holding them to only 15 points in the playoff game here. Yes, we still lost, but that was due mostly to a poor McNair-led offense.

But yes, Rex Ryan's defense was completely undisciplined, which is directly responsible for the loss here against New England during their 16-0 season, among other things.

T, your Mattison hate is getting old. And Stover was washed up when the Ravens let him go. Money from inside 40, but how'd he do in the Super Bowl for Indy again? And where is he today?

All of you are in love with the idea of this little white dynamo being on our team and bringing his Rudy heart or whatever, but honestly -- which of our three losses don't happen if The Mighty James Andrew Leonhard was on our squad??? Let go, people. He's pretty good but nowhere as good as people want him to be/make him out to be. He's not the Wes Welker of Defense. Did you see that week a few months ago when they mic'ed him up for a Jets game? Hype did that. Know what he contributed? Getting destroyed on a punt return and laughingly admitting it.

I don't know worry about anyone who's not a Raven. Sorry he broke his leg, but not sorry for the Jets.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh