Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: ray should be fined for cheap shot

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Just bustin' your chops, dude.

I agree the call was good. I do think he led with his shoulder, but their helmets knocked so the call was clearly correct.

- C -
    It is a good idea but a bad rule. Helemt to helmet contact is going to happen. It should only be a penalty or fine when it is a cheapshot.

:T2:

Preston is giddy we lost. And he loves to pile on after the fact, as exampled here.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    Preston is giddy we lost. And he loves to pile on after the fact, as exampled here.
    What the dopes at places like the Sun don't get is, they actually aren't helping themselves with purposely "stirring the pot" for no reason other than to get attention. There really is such a thing as "bad press."

We don't read Preston for the sole purpose of bashing him. We'd read whoever was there, because it has something - we hope - to do with the Ravens. Which is what we are interested in.

So Preston isn't "drawing in readership" the way they think. Just because we flame him here doesn't mean we're reading the Sun more than we otherwise would if they had someone else there.

What happens instead is, the Sun loses credibility as an institution by playing the "hey, we're just stirrin' the pot" card, which any fool could do.

If instead, they had an intelligent columnist who combined insight, knowledge and analysis - objectively, but fairly -- we'd STILL read that, we'd probably spend longer on it (because there would be more to dig into) and we'd respect the Sun a hell of a lot more, overall, because we'd feel that, agree or disagree, at least the people they employ will only sign their names to their work if they feel it's of high quality. There are people I disagree with, but I at least respect their work.

With Preston, not the case. He's not the only one, but he's Exhibit A. They could do wonders for their brand by weeding out his type of nonsense, and basically installing anyone who has a brain and actually cares about helping readers understand what the Ravens are doing. The paper industry wonders why it's dying; it's dying because it's stooping to the same thoughtless, tabloid level as its blog/tabloid "competitors"; they're wasting the vast journalistic resources at their disposal (that the rags and the bloggers don't have) and instead of putting that all to use and blowing us away with how great their product is, they just try to out-garbage the garbage -- a battle even they, despite Preston's efforts, cannot win.

Well if anyone should know about cheap shots, it would be Preston.

The fatass looks like the illegitimate lovechild of Sonny Liston and Aretha Franklin and can't keep his trap shut.:bag:

Preston is just trying to drive a hard line with a very unpopular opinion, in hopes of getting his brash opinion picked up by national news.

He would love to get his fat face onto ESPN or NFLN talking about the supposed cheap shot.

Ravens season is over. Its Preston's last shot a national recognition before scribing away about college lacrosse for 5 months.

He finds something off the wall to spew at the end of every season.

Just bustin' your chops, dude.

I agree the call was good. I do think he led with his shoulder, but their helmets knocked so the call was clearly correct.
    Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo Rizon View Post

By the way, I heard Cunningham attacks message board members who challenge him. Well here's one for you Brucie, come out come out wherever you are.

Attachment 356
    I've only had one conversation with Bruce and he isn't really that bad. A bit of a know it all, but that's pretty much par for the course on a message board dominated by armchair QBs.

And yeah, I'm including myself in that grouping.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Meh. I think he led with his shoulder. But there's no question he went helmet to helmet. The flag wasn't a mistake. If they fine him though, that'd be pretty awful.

- C -
    The problem is, your head is on top of your shoulders. If you lead with your shoulder, there's a good chance your helmet will make first contact. Anyone who has played football knows that. Collie ducked to protect himself, no way for Ray to avoid it. And I'm down with driving to the Sun to visit preston.

The NFL has the worst collection of officials/refs in any of the major team sports.

Not surprisng since they are part timers.