Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The Politics or Obamagasms

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=19436

Ann Coulter occasionally goes over the top but more often than not she clocks them out of the park. And the fact is she hurts herself with her occasional boorish remarks, which are always accurate if politically or socially insensitive.

Anyway, with this one she is right on, again. If this guy's best attribute is his inexperience I am as qualified, if not more.
    Last edited by Greg; 02-14-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Re: The Politics or Obamagasms

well, then there is that land scandal going on with him right now, so that takes a big bite out of his artillery to aim at Hillary.

To be frank, I'm leery of anyone coming from the Chicago political machine.

Ann Coulter occasionally goes over the top

That is an outright lie. Her whole persona is "going over the top". Calling people racist names, demeaning them and their familes, lying about people, smearing, and stirring the pot. Anybody who says she "occasionally" goes over the top is either lying to themselves or is stupid, and i dont think Greg is stupid...but please, who do you think you are fooling??

At least call a spade a spade.

She is a nobody. She is excluded. Besides the Neocons, nobody listens to her nonsense. She is basically a national joke nowadays.

She is showing her patented hatred by calling people "idiots" in this latest smear-a-thon. Something she has to do very often to compensate for her weak writing. It is rare that she does not smear somebody racially, ethnically, or by creed. She is always name-calling and smearing. I guess that is what the right wing and Greg and the rest love about her.

Most find her a nasty human being. Period.

She was on fire though, by using such intelligent jabs as calling him "B Hussein Obama"... Real smart writing.. and how original. Everybody can see what she is trying to do. (confuse the simpletons) You will see this technique from all the right wing crazies (Hannity, Anne, Rush have already started) as the campaign goes on and Barrack gets more traction with the people as he is rapidly doing.

Confuse the stupid. That is basically all the right wing has left in this debate. They certainly don’t want to discuss how "great" Iraq is going anymore. (an exact Anne quote) I guess that lie has worn out. So has the "cut and run" sham now that more and more in the GOP are agreeing with the dems. Hell, Obama did not even want to go to Iraq, he looks much smarter on that one issue alone then 3/4 of the people on Capital Hill. And every single GOP’er especially.

Her reasoning behind the whole story is ridiculous. Wow, he is not tackling every major issue 2 years before the election. Huh.??. Neither is McCain, Giuliani, or the flip flopper Romney (where is her write up about that joke of a candidate.... exactly). They are all simply declaring and talking about hope. What a jackass huh? No she is right; we need less Obama's and more Anne Coulture's. What a joke. The debates and other forums will flesh out their stances on issues. Everybody knows that.

It sounds like jealousy on her (and the right wings) part. And you can see it in droves especially because most on the right are not that excited about ANY of their candidates. They just hate how popular this guy is getting, and how quick it is sweeping the country. And we are still 2 years away.

Watching the right wing stew in jealousy…I love it.
    Last edited by ChampRavens; 02-15-2007 at 01:29 PM.
    HottBirdz...

She is showing her patented hatred by calling people "idiots" in this latest smear-a-thon.

Everybody can see what she is trying to do. (confuse the simpletons) You will see this technique from all the right wing crazies (Hannity, Anne, Rush have already started) as the campaign goes on and Barrack gets more traction with the people as he is rapidly doing.

Confuse the stupid.
    LOL, do I need to use the "H" word?

Hell, Obama did not even want to go to Iraq, ...
    Neither did I, Ron Smith, or Patrick Buchanan. Big deal.

So besides being against going into Iraq what are his positions? What is his exit strategy to stabilize and leave Iraq? What is his position regarding taxes? What is his position regarding trade?

The guy got elected because somebody went into records that were supposed to be sealed and exposed Jack Ryan's divorce information. If Ryan hadn't been smeared in the media Obama wouldn't even be a name you knew.

Oh, and a question. How comes Bush's drug and alcohol problems from when he was younger were great fodder for the media but nobody talks about Obama's?

LOL, we all know where Maureen Dowd's politics are.

http://drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

MAUREEN DOWD RIPS OBAMA: 'HE LOOKED AS IF HE NEEDED A SMOKE AND HE NEEDED IT BAD'

NY TIMES edit queen Maureen Dowd unloads on Barack Obama in her Wednesday filing.

On the trail in Iowa, Dowd writes: "Obama's so slender his wedding band looked as if it was slipping off... there was a wariness in his dark eyes."

When a reporter asked him Obama whether he'd had a heater in his podium during his announcement speech in subzero Springfield, Obama hesitated.

Dowd slings: "He shot a look that said, 'Are you from PEOPLE magazine?' before conceding that, unlike Abe Lincoln, he'd had a heater."

Dowd describes Obama as a "tad testy" as he was "traipsing around desolate stretches of snowy -- and extremely white -- Iowa."

Obama had "moments of looking conflicted."

Dowd claims that no fewer than three times last week, Obama got indignant about the beach-babe attention given to a shot of him in the Hawaiian surf.

"You've been reporting on how I look in a swimsuit," Obama lectured a reporter.

Dowd snaps: "He poses for the cover of MEN'S VOGUE and then gets huffy when people don't treat him as Hannah Arendt."

LOL, do I need to use the "H" word?

No, but I am not trying to be a legitimate writer, political pundit, or TV personality. I am a hack on some ravens message board. Just like the rest of you.

Are you actually trying to convince us that she is not a peddler in smear?

She tries to portray herself as somebody who is legitimate and that is laughable. Not to mention you trying to pass it off like she "occasionally" goes over the top.

I noticed you avoided that when you rebutted.

Oh, and a question. How comes Bush's drug and alcohol problems from when he was younger were great fodder for the media but nobody talks about Obama's?

What are you talking about?

You know about them, I do... it is basically common knowledge. People have talked about it. Isn’t that how you know about his problems?

Hell, the guy even dedicated a whole chapter in a book about it.

The reason why it was a big deal for Bush and not Obama is because he is honest and open about it, where Bush was deceiving, misleading and condescending about the whole ordeal. Thus it was a bigger issue. Remember "I didn't inhale"... that made that a much bigger issue for Clinton then it would have ever been if he would have just been honest.

But thanks for highlighting yet another instance where Obama is more honest then the average person in politics. He really is a breath of fresh air.

BUT, it is clear that he needs to address the issues in a much more head-on direction then he has thus far. But really, has he dodged anymore then any other politician.?.. no.
    HottBirdz...

BTW...

What was the reason for that last post anyways? To show us that Obama needed a cigg?

BFD.

Oh, no it must have been that juicy "heater in the podium" tidbit?

Zero substance. Horrible post. Really grasping.
    HottBirdz...

Hey, say what you will, but both sides are absolutely dumb.

Republicans are being hypocritical and trying to do what the Democrats did to them for decades and are pushing agenda and not substance.

Democrats are too busy screaming about partisan politics and all the problems without really offering much in return other than "you're wrong".

I honestly hate both parties...shouldn't this be about the American people are not about power and who said what?

Finally, anyone who rises to that level as a "public servant" has skeletons in their closet, you just need to find them.

The post about Dowd is to show that even left-leaners can see Obama is an empty suit who can give a good speech.

You know about them, I do... it is basically common knowledge. People have talked about it. Isn’t that how you know about his problems?
    Actually, I didn't know about it until reading it on a message board, not from the media. They don't talk about it, AT ALL. Bush's problems are mentioned each and every chance. I GUARANTEE that if any "mainstream" (see lefty) reporter mentions Obama's drug problems it will be couched as kindly as possible AND include a reference to Bush's.

As for Coulter, I didn't counter your claim of her being about nothing but smear because it would be a waste of time. Factually, she is accurate. And please, don't bring up Franken's claims, most of them were so minor it was ridiculous and he has written plenty more that is inaccurate.