Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If not the Ravens, than ...

... the Saints!

Such a great story going on there. I really hope they go all the way.

Re: If not the Ravens, than ...

I think a New Orleans vs San Diego Super Bowl would be REALLY interesting. 2 great offenses against each other. Brees vs Rivers, etc.

I do not want Favre or Manning in the Super Bowl. I'm sick of hearing about both of those guys, especially Favre.

There are a lot of teams that I wouldn't mind in the superbowl. I am rooting for the Saints, Chargers, Vikings, and Jets, in that order.

I won't root for the Cowboys or Colts, though.

The Jets and their ingenious play calling will be exposed. I think they'll face similar problems in the passing game as us, though they'll better utilize play action. Breylon "stone-hands" Edwards will have his opportunity to proceed his reputation, while their run game won't be enough to win it for them. Dirty Sanchezs' performance is going to make Rex regret getting the matching tattoos of each others names, and wRex Sanchezs' good re-pore with the big apple media. Sorry a pretty smile isn't always enough. I gotta say I am curious to see what the D is going to dial up for that offense, thats the main reason I'm going to to watch and my back will suddenly start bothering me tomorrow so I won't be stuck cleaning the basement. The D's there only chance at a win.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think the cowboys have a real good shot at stealing that one, depending on which cowboys team shows up. it's hard for your team to win when your quarterback has two hands around his throat...

I don't see the colts or the saints pulling it of. As much as Disney would like to make a movie about the Saints story with a cheesy title like "when the saints went marching in" or Peyton would love to tell his brother "I told you so," I don't like either one. I think Indys D costs them, and the saints choke.

It sounds sportscenterish, but I like the Chargers and Cowboys. Chargers are running on all cylinders, and the boys seem to be doing the same after embarrassing the eagles, who weren't exactly a bottom of the barrel team. Just picturing the look on Jerrys face if the cowboys lose In the superbowl is worth not giving an anylitical view point or really substantiating the prediction. Who said you couldn't make your prediction out of spite?

But what do I know I'm a dumb Pollock
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 01-17-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Typo
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

The order in which I'm favoring teams are:

Saints - Chargers - Jets - then don't care.

I want the Saints to go all the way, you can't hate Drew Brees. And its good to see them do well in the playoffs, like the Cardinals did last year. I hope they win the SB, that will be great.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    I do not want Favre or Manning in the Super Bowl. I'm sick of hearing about both of those guys, especially Favre.
    It's pretty much a lock you'll hear about them anyway.

I've gotta say, if the Saints have fixed whatever was ailing them at the end of the season, there isn't a team out there that can beat them. They ate that AZ offense's lunch today, and Kurt Warner is probably the best post-season QB in the history of the NFL. Indi or SD might be able to give them a game, but I just don't see anyone beating them if they're playing like they did today.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    It's pretty much a lock you'll hear about them anyway.

I've gotta say, if the Saints have fixed whatever was ailing them at the end of the season, there isn't a team out there that can beat them. They ate that AZ offense's lunch today, and Kurt Warner is probably the best post-season QB in the history of the NFL. Indi or SD might be able to give them a game, but I just don't see anyone beating them if they're playing like they did today.

- C -
    Consider the defense they played against today. I don't know why everyones on board with the saints, it must be all the golds flashy and eye-catching. They couldn't have had an easier schedule really. I would have like to see them play our schedule. They won't be in the superbowl, no way. I'm waiting for the saintnnnn that played the skins or Tampa week 16 To show up. You mean to tell me you think that across the board thy're better then the chargers?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Consider the defense they played against today. I don't know why everyones on board with the saints, it must be all the golds flashy and eye-catching. They couldn't have had an easier schedule really. I would have like to see them play our schedule. They won't be in the superbowl, no way. I'm waiting for the saintnnnn that played the skins or Tampa week 16 To show up. You mean to tell me you think that across the board thy're better then the chargers?
    GTF outta here. Who cares what defense they faced today? They put up more than 40 points!

Their offense will roll regardless. The questions were more around their defense, and they stoned one of the best offenses in the NFL, taking the greatest post-season QB in NFL history and making him a non-factor.

The whole question was if they'd come out flat like they had in the three losses at the end of the season. They answered those pretty resoundingly. You can't possibly make a compelling argument that they were not the best or second best team in the NFL during their 13 game win streak.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

The Vikings all the way. If not the Vikes then the Chargers, but if the Vikes play the Chargers then the Vikes. That makes it hard because I know it will be the Indy team and Chargers in the AFCCG and I really want the Chargers to beat the Indy team. But if it's the Indy team and the Vikes then that will make it that much sweeter when they whoop their asses.

Saints.

No Cowboys, or Jets.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    I think a New Orleans vs San Diego Super Bowl would be REALLY interesting. 2 great offenses against each other. Brees vs Rivers, etc.

What he said!!

I'd be cool with either of these two winning it.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Id like a Chargers - Saints SB.