Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Is david carr worth bringing to Baltimore?

Carr is going to get looks for some teams that will offer him a better opportunity to start sooner than what we're going to be offering. Whoever trades for him is likely going to have to restructure his deal, so Carr is going to have some control over the process. As such, I think it unlikely that he'd be interested in coming here to serve as McNair's understudy for the next 2 or so seasons. He'll get an offer from elsewhere - Oak, Minn, Mia, KC - that will give him more of a shot at starting, and sooner.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

If Boller has stuck around this long and Billick will be here for a while longer too I would give better than 50-50 odds Boller takes over as starter when McNair leaves. Nobody would know the system better and maybe he will get his nervous tendencies fixed by then.

I would love to see the kid succeed here.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post

I would love to see the kid succeed here.

FM
    Me too!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

David Carr sucks. Just because Jay Mariotti or Woody Paige say he might not suck doesn't mean that the numbers are lying.

Boller is a better QB than Carr. Period.

Agreed. I find it interesting that fans would rather go with some other teams trash heap QB and have that guy learn our system than see out the investment with Boller who over his last 10 or so games has stats and performance to back himself up.

Vis a Vis recievers, for the whole of his career Carr has the advantage. Vis a vis passblocking, I would say we were equally worse until the final 5 games of 05/06 season.

Overall, if you watch the Texans play v. watching people talk about Carr on Around the Horn, you would know that he sucks at this point.

He was drafted #1 overall in possibly the worse QB class ever and is worse than Boller, who was drafted in the mid 1st, who some people think was STILL too high.

The book is written on Carr; bust, considering his draft ilk.

Boller? We knew coming out that he wasn't a finished product, he was a late bloomer Tedford QB. Now given the 3-4 years and those 32 or so starts, he look a helluva lot better than Carr. And he knows the system.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

The book is written on Carr; bust, considering his draft ilk.

Boller? We knew coming out that he wasn't a finished product, he was a late bloomer Tedford QB. Now given the 3-4 years and those 32 or so starts, he look a helluva lot better than Carr. And he knows the system.
    Again ! I agree !
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

The fact is Boller's statistics don't tell the whole story. He is not a smart quarterback and has been lucky recently. That being said I don't believe Carr is the answer either. I hope we draft someone in the mid rounds this year to spend 2 years under McNair before shoving him on the playing field.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    The fact is Boller's statistics don't tell the whole story. He is not a smart quarterback and has been lucky recently.
    Support this argument, please. :brickwall:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Support this argument, please. :brickwall:
    Just for a point of information I would Imagine that this poster was talking about the two "connections" with Mark Clayton.

As for the topic at hand, Boller is a better match for this team at this time. He, is still a young QB, with experience, in THIS SYSTEM, with these players, and as time goes on he gets bettter and better, while David Carr regresses. Achange of scenery would be a great idea for Carr and Houston, but Baltimore should not be intersted. I am not ready to write the book of Carr though, he could be successful if he lands in KC, ro Minn or Carolina. Also, houston would likely improve itself by shifting to Plummer, while Denver Improves itself in Losing him and moving on with Cutler. It's funny hwo it works out like that sometimes, but for some reason I feel that Boller still has a shot in Baltimore. In fact I'd like to see his contract extended.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Just for a point of information I would Imagine that this poster was talking about the two "connections" with Mark Clayton.
    I was anticipating that response, true. I was curious to find out whether 2 nicely tipped passes in the Carolina game meant Boller has been lucky for his last 6 outings. Obviously to characterize his entire last half dozen complete (or near complete) games as 'lucky' is absurd, and logically indefensible. It's just tiring, is all. Hence the :brickwall:

I could go either way on whether to extend him. It depends on fuzzy factors like what quarterbacks will be available in the draft next year, stuff I just don't know. I don't think Carr would be much of an improvement, but as I said, I never really watched the Texans.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I'd stick with Boller too. We might fold a winning hand if we let him go. And for what? David Carr?