Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Is david carr worth bringing to Baltimore?

I think Carr is so gun shy at this point he may never be a good QB unless you put him behind a great o-line.

Yeah I think its something worth checking out. Whether if he comes via trade.. or if he possibly is flat out released ( which I don't believe will happen.) He like Boller, may find a change of scenery which has been mentioned , along with a better supporting cast from OL to WR may very well be the tonic that he needs. We'll have to see what develops. A forth round pick is about right. Anything above that I'd have to pass.

boller doesn't need a change of scenery to play pretty well...he already has in his last 9 games. In fact, he's performed SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER THAN DAVID CARR over that time frame.

The grass isn't always greener folks.

I would stay away from Carr, and I would stay away from Boller.

I wold like a fresh new rookie to come in soon to learn from Steve.

Its high time to start over at QB.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Thats beyond retarded. Carr has Andre Johnson and weapons there and can't get them the ball. A lot of his sacks are o-line, but a lot are on him also.

It sounds like you've been listening to ESPN too much on this one. The national pundits give Carr the benefit of the doubt no matter how putrid he plays. Boller can put up 16 TDs in 9 games and is a career backup . . . Carr puts up 11 a season and is destined to be a great QB

These self fulfilling prophecies kill me. Please dont let the media do the thinking for you. They are the people who predecide that the Panther are the sexy pick every year, and every year forget about the patriots until late season/playoff time.

If anything, I think Carr's time in the NFL is more limited that Boller's, backup or starter. I think Boller has already shown that he has explosiveness and can put up points. Carr really hasn't yet.
    This "logic" sounds retarded. Just because you choose to ignore expert analysis does not mean the rest of the sane world has to. They may not be right about predictions on a season, but those guys get paid major coin to do what they do and it is for good reason. It is because they know sports. Your envy of those guys is hilarious. Excuse me if I'd rather listen to the expert analysis and opinions of sportscasters and sports writer instead of listening to some second rate messageboard dweller such as yourself who pretends to be an expert sports analyst, yet knows as much about football as a bag of rocks.

As for Boller's "explosiveness," the only "explosiveness" Boller has shown over the past four years is how he explodes opon contact with the ground after tripping over his feet for the one thousandth time. Boller is explosive at fumbling snaps and all of this after four years.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

purplerulz-

are you really that naive?

Most people in the sports media know MUCH less about sports than you or I do, I promise you that much. They do their story, and that's it. Then they spew some BS to fill a 3 minute segment and sound like they know what they're talking about.

David Carr sucks. Just because Jay Mariotti or Woody Paige say he might not suck doesn't mean that the numbers are lying.

Boller is a better QB than Carr. Period.

Infer from that what you will about Carr.

David Carr has played behind an even worse pass-blocking OL than Boller had to deal with his first couple of years -- who knows how good he really could be? I wouldn't be interested in him at this point. At least Boller knew how to throw the ball away and run for his life when the pass protection broke down. Carr hangs onto the ball too long.

The Texans are idiots, by the way -- they could have drafted Vince Young, Matt Lienart or Jay Cutler last year, but instead decided to keep Carr (and pay him a huge bonus) and now a year later, they want to get rid of him? Nice planning.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Receivers have been scarce, ...
    Andre Johnson is better than any WR Boller has had, though you could TRY and compare to Mason whom Boller had for half a season.

No we can't keep getting QB's who can't make it with other teams.

I tend to agree w/ SS. But when McNair is done what do we do?

Is it Boller?
    Is it a draft pick? (terrible history here)
    Another FA?

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I tend to agree w/ SS. But when McNair is done what do we do?

Is it Boller?
    Is it a draft pick? (terrible history here)
    Another FA?
    I do not believe the qb of the future is in the fold right now. I have no problem acquiring Carr as a 2d/3d string qb if the price is right, but it's not a position of need so the price would have to be *really* right. Once he's here, if it turns out he's The Guy, that's fine, but I wouldn't spend more then a 5th/6th rounder on finding out. Yes, earlier in the thread I said 4th, I now think that's too high.

I doubt it's Boller but if the FO extends him this off season - which they haven't done yet - then that would change my opinion.

I am hoping next year's crop of qb's in the draft is such that we can get one. Perhaps some here already have a sense of the depth of the qb class *next* year? I'm no draftnik.

Anyway, we have only drafted one round 1 qb before. I'm not sure that Boller's mixed performances over the years, often with really sub-par talent around him, qualifies as a "terrible" history of drafting quarterbacks. We have drafted a few practice squad guys, like Josh Harris, who turned out to be practice squad guys, but that's what the later rounds are for.

Other teams have fared much worse drafting qb's in the first rounds then we have. The year we get the #1 pick, I bet we don't have a hard time drafting a qb then.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I will expect a lot more out of McNair next year. Although he was solid and a major reason we were 13-3, I was not impressed w/ him on several occasions. When he has bad game he doesn't seem to able to play his way out of it on the field....and really good QBs can do that.

FM