Interesting scoops on Brady Quinn

"JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU: His excellent performance against Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl caused his stock to soar, much the way Vince Young's did after he led Texas to a national championship. Russell clearly overshadowed the quarterback once presumed to be the top overall choice in the draft, Brady Quinn, who could fall into the bottom third of the first round. The question that must be answered is whether Russell, who is entering the draft as an underclassman, is a one-game wonder or potential franchise quarterback? At 6-foot-5 and 260 pounds, he certainly is big enough and strong enough to stand tall in an NFL pocket. He also has a powerful, accurate arm with a quick release. The Oakland Raiders, still searching for a franchise quarterback, could very well make Russell the No. 1 pick."

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/9999738

Sounds like Quinn may be getting the Troy Smith treatment as well! I'm pretty surprised. I've been hearings rumblings on sites here and there about scouts talking about Quinn being overrated, once mentioned as being "the biggest fraud in the draft"

http://www.bradyquinnonline.com/brad...s-20070212.php

So it's pretty interesting hearing some whispers after hearing the college hype machines rapidly adding to the Troy Smith and Brady Quinn bandwagons and all of the sudden both are supposedly....well, not good.

Miami has been rumored to be interested in Quinn in the 1st though, so perhaps he won't fall beyond that point. Then again, with the Lions, you never know, they are pretty blasted stupid.

At any rate, I thought everyone would find this information interesting.

Re: Interesting scoops on Brady Quinn

I'm no fan of Quinn but comparing Quinn and Russell just on the Sugar Bowl is both stupid and unfair (too many "draftniks" and media members doing this). LSU's talent level on D, their team speed on D is only about a million times better than ND's and is the evident reason why ND struggles every time they come up against any team with a pulse.

I think Russell will go #1 overall because he has the tools and the rocket arm that the Raiders look for.

Quinn's an interesting one though, coming into this season it was much banded about that he was the highest rated QB since Carson Palmer and now he's falling down a lot of "draftnik's" boards because they can't find a place for him to "fit". Oddly enough (evidenced by the number of awful mocks every year) the draft doesn't work by "fit", it works by value and I can still see Quinn carrying a very high value. He's a guy who's been running a pro system for two years and can come in and play straight away. He strikes me as a guy with a pretty high ceiling but not a great deal of upside, he can come in and start straight away and do pretty well, but he's not gonna blow anyone away, ever.

I think this draft is pretty bereft of 'blue chip' prospects and consequently if someone thinks he can be their franchise QB and everything they need at QB with a team built around him, then they'll take him. I can't honestly see him falling beyond the Panthers and can still very easily see him going top 5, whether that be to someone up there, or someone jumping up to take him.

If by some freakish miracle Brady Quinn falls into the 20's, I would trade up to get him. The guy knows how to win.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

None of htese QBs drop that far. This BS happens every year.

Shit, Aaron Rodgers only slipped to the packers the year he slipped.

Someone is going to pick them up. Raiders need a QB. Texans might need a QB. Plenty of teams need QBs. I wouldn't believe all the draft hype.

It's fun to talk about, but thats about it.

Remember, we had to trade up to get Boller. Trade up. The top 3 QBs in a draft aren't going to slip that far, there are always teams that need QBs.

At most, I think Troy Smith slips. And you shouldn't want him unless we get him with a 2nd rounder. And with all of our holes (RB, OL, DB, LB) even a 2nd rounder might be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    None of htese QBs drop that far. This BS happens every year.

Shit, Aaron Rodgers only slipped to the packers the year he slipped.

Someone is going to pick them up. Raiders need a QB. Texans might need a QB. Plenty of teams need QBs. I wouldn't believe all the draft hype.

It's fun to talk about, but thats about it.

Remember, we had to trade up to get Boller. Trade up. The top 3 QBs in a draft aren't going to slip that far, there are always teams that need QBs.

At most, I think Troy Smith slips. And you shouldn't want him unless we get him with a 2nd rounder. And with all of our holes (RB, OL, DB, LB) even a 2nd rounder might be too much.
    When Rodgers slipped, he took a free fall, he went from a toss up for the #1 overall pick to a pick in the mid 20's, that's a fall in any terms.

As for Troy Smith, after his Senior Bowl he'll be a third round pick at best.

I wouldn't take Troy Smith with any of our picks unless he is planning to switch positions.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I am also in the camp that thinks Quinn is highly overrated.He gets all this hype for a few reasons:

Charlie Weiss and his "NFL offense"-he is "NFL ready"

Notre Dame-being on national television every week

6'4 235- cant get better than that right?

Lack of quality QB's coming out-basically two QB's and then all the rest

One thing you need on the next level that he lacks is accuracy.Another thing that can usually give a good indication is how he deals with pressure in the pocket,from watching his games it seems like he gets flustered easily.In the NFLou arent goingt o have some slappy from Purdue rushing the QB,you could have a Peppers or Suggs coming at you.I think he will be a decent NFL QB and nothing more,some are comparing him to Carson Palmer which is insane.