Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 313233

Re: Game Thread - Playoffs-Round Two

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    A lot of that has been playcalling though. How often is Kelley Washington and DWil on the field? Just on 3rd downs...I think we suffer a big hit with Mason gone, but we also need to develop a young guy with Flacco. And let's face it, trading for a Marshall, Bowe, Jackson, whoever is not going to be easy, and that's not even considering the contract they'd command shortly after coming here.

Not EVERY player trade works out the same way they played before. Just look at Cutler going from Denver to Chicago. Imagine we trade for Marshall, who turns into a slightly better version of Mark Clayton here. We're now out a first for a bust WR.
    I know. But maybe part of that playcalling is just a lack of confidence in the receivers on the field. It's hard to have that confidence when Mark Clayton has a total of 35 catches for the year, and when D-Will drops a couple key passes.

I just don't know how we can lose Mason and get better with the receivers we have.

2. Re: Game Thread - Playoffs-Round Two

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    I'd be OK with it too. I just wanna know which painkiller I should choose to which to become addicted. Factors include:

Cost.
    Risk
    Cost/probability of success for rehab

Am I missing any others?

Thanks,

BS
    Accessibility/ease of acquisition?

Effects when consumed with mass amounts of alcohol?

Ease of overdose(in case Clayton is still on the field next year)?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunday View Post
    I'd be OK with it too. I just wanna know which painkiller I should choose to which to become addicted. Factors include:

Cost.
    Risk
    Cost/probability of success for rehab

Am I missing any others?

Thanks,

BS
    Ability to erase memories of painful playoff defeat.
    Ability to help withstand bursts of anger at WRs never being open.

4. Re: Game Thread - Playoffs-Round Two

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Just got a text from UKRaven Stockers reminding me the last Raven to score a TD against Indy....

Troy Smith..... Yep.
    Amazing stat. Last TD against them was in Dec 2007, 4 games ago. What the hell. Maybe the citywide Irsay freakout every time we play this team turns us into the Detroit Lions, or something. I really have no logical explanation for this.

Blog Entries

We basically overhauled the entire CB unit over the past 2 years. Foxworth, Carr, Webb, Washington. We can do the same at WR.

I'm always leery of WRs of course, because it is the damn hardest position to fill in the NFL. But its time to put some MAJOR effort into upgrading there. There is no reason why a team like the Colts should keep adding guys like Collie and we add nobody. You look at the Saints and its weapons everywhere. Vikings too. Eagles, the same. The Ravens can't have a 34 year old possession receiver being their main downfield threat next year and hope to make an impact in the postseason. It won't work. They can still feature the power run game - and should. Usually that's a great tandem with our D.

But there are just some games, some situations, where you need more firepower to win. And when we need it, the Minnesota game notwithstanding, it's almost never there to be had. This was like watching the worst depths of the Cavanaugh years on offense.