Ask The Expert - Road Trippin'

Ever wondered about the "rules" for tailgating, booking hotels close to ball parks, how to make the most of your first trip to a new city with the Ravens? This is the place for you. Our own Jack Tripper, (Mista T - bet you wondered what the T stood for!) will hold court to share insights on the ins and outs of fan travel. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DISCUSS THE PARTICULARS OF A SPECIFIC PLANNED TRIP. Rather, it is a place to get the best tips to make the most of your travel experiences.

BTW, see the Road Trip Forum that T Moderates for lots of info on this year's away game travel.

So T, am I safe in my Ravens gear in NO the night before the game?

Re: Ask The Expert - Road Trippin'

Quote Originally Posted by Dabruise
    So T, am I safe in my Ravens gear in NO the night before the game?
    In NO you might see more purple and black in the streets than saints gold.

And yes you are safe. As safe as you would be wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans in NO anyway. :p

I have been to NO several times and it is a touristy town, so you will likely see people on the streets wearing Raiders, Dlphins, Cowboys, and yes even Stealers* gear.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

Went to NO several years ago (about 1997), took a wrong turn and ended up fighting because of "400 years of oppression". We ended up okay by holding our own until the police came. Yeah, NO is cool (for about 10 sq. blocks!!)

Talking Re: Ask The Expert - Road Trippin'

am I safe in my Ravens gear in NO the night before the game?
    No!

Not because it's Ravens gear (the local fans could care less, as long as you spend $$$). The danger is that bright purple is likely to attract the local homosexuals and tranvestites, who abound in great numbers in the French Quarter, Warehouse District, and bars around Tulane and the Garden District. Of course, if hanging with homosexuals and tranvestites is your thing, there's no danger.

btw: Mardi Gras colors are similar to ours. Don't worry if you left your purple Ravens beads home -- there is a huge supply of purple beads dangling from tree limbs along the Carrollton Ave. Mardi Gras parade route.

Last edited by Mista T; 09-08-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Our own Jack Tripper, Holy shit, are you the guy that the three's company guy is loosley based on?

Holy shit, are you the guy that the three's company guy is loosley based on?
    It would be OK by me, but if a couple of hot chicks moved into my house, my wife might pose an objection or two.