Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone home today?

Cripes . . . . is it icy or what? Thank goodness I work for a school and didn't have to try and drive in this mess today. Our biggest problem is going to be how to get the trash cans down the driveway . . . it's trash day
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Re: Anyone home today?

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    Cripes . . . . is it icy or what? Thank goodness I work for a school and didn't have to try and drive in this mess today. Our biggest problem is going to be how to get the trash cans down the driveway . . . it's trash day
    So...you think the trash man is going to make it?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I hope so. Our frig went wacky this weekend and we have two trash cans that are going to be really ripe soon.

On another note . . . at least today gives me an excuse to dust the shrine . . . it's been ignored for the past few weeks and needs some polishing. Have to make sure it's nice and shiney for draft day, don't ya know :D
    Screw 'em all

Home in Southern York County, PA today, 6.25" snow/sleet at the last measurement at 845 am, 29 degrees, still sleeting hard. There was no way I was going out in this, even w/ 4x4, no one can drive on ice & the traffic reports on the news this morning proved that. It's just not worth it in this kind of weather.

Enjoy your snow day!!!

LR, as cold as it is, I don't think you need to worry about your trash getting ripe, it hasn't been & it's not going to be above freezing.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Made it to work. Took about an hour, usual drive is about 35 minutes. Drove from Carney down to the airport area. Roads were nasty but luckily there was not many people on the road. Just went about 30-35 the whole way. Antilock brakes came on a few times so they were doing their job.

Yeah LR, I'm home today too. I work for Towson U, so when they close down, not only do I get the day off, but get paid for it too! Free vacation day!! WOOHOOO! LOL

I might just spend the day drinking beer and listening to tunes. Although I think I should probably clear off my car before I get too whacked out, or I'll probably end up falling down and cracking my head open! LOL

Anti-lock brakes are an absolute life-saver in this stuff.

It looks nasty outside, but nothing I've never seen before. You tune in to some of these news channels and they'll have you thinking it's the end of the world. I've definitely seen worse.

Still, if you don't have to go anywhere, don't.

I agree LBoogy. I've definitely seen much much worse. The ice storm(s) from 94 or 95 come to mind. As for other storms, the blizzards of 79, 83, 96, and 03 come to mind long before this storm ever will.

That being said, I don't plan to drive anywhere today. I was wise enough to grab my beer, cigs, and food yesterday after work, so I got everything I need inside right now.

Just got in from shoveling the driveway . . . . oy vey That crap is heavy. The dude plowing the street kept going back and forth and the mush was flying and he took out the neighbors mailbox. I thought Fanatic was going to have a heart attack worrying about our Ravens mailbox. I think he would have chased the dude down and beat the crap out of him if he had

Beer . . . I know you're loving this . . . . I work for a school too . . . . free paid day
    Screw 'em all

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    Beer . . . I know you're loving this . . . . I work for a school too . . . . free paid day
    LR, damn straight!! We haven't had many free paid days over the past few winters, so I'm loving this one! I was hoping to get out of work early yesterday, but Towson closed at 3pm, which is my normal quitting time anyway... GRRRR!!

As much as I hate winter and snow, if it has to snow, make it a big one, like 3 feet deep. That way I'd get AT LEAST a free week's vacation!! LOL

Been home since yesterday here in central IL.

So unlike Cleveland....in my 5 years there the only time the school shut down was 9/11. And the time it shut down before that....Dec 8, '41. Yeah...

Then again, 2.5 days of blizzard warnings and somewhere in the area of 12"+ and it drifts here in the midwest...Maryland is actually more dangerous because there is the freezing rain and whatnot.

So...here it just drifts and my car is 2/3 buried. Getting to work and to class tomorrow isn't going to be a nice cup of tea.

I hope everyone has survived and been safe :)

I am home today, but just got finished shoveling out both cars.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!