Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Anyone home today?

My wife and I finally delivered our baby boy, figures it was in a whale of an ice storm.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Congrats on the new babe
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

3. Re: Anyone home today?

Congrats on the new one! My cousin was born in a blizzard a few years back and they named her Clhoe....snowy chloe....hehe

Im in Southern Pa, just moved there, had my first bought of roads not even touched. 83 was snow/sleet covered all the way down to mt carmel rd....It was fun. I have a Land Rover and made the first tracks in most of my nieghborhood...had to put in in low 4x4 when i got stuck for sec! its fun!
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Congrats on the new arrival! The fact it happened during an ice storm only adds to the story!

I am home today as well, and as someone has already mentioned, this is very heavy stuff to shovel -- please don't overdo it, because you'll be sorry if you do.

As I type this, it's also becoming extremely windy. Pretty weird day.

congrats on the baby!

My 14 yo son has made a small fortune with our snowblower. We sorta got an icy snow.

RavensFan1996,

I know exactly how you feel. I lived in Stewartstown/New Freedom area for 2 years back in 93-95. At the same time, I worked at Sparrows Point, 1 hour drive each way on a good day.

PA sucks when it comes to treating the roads. There were many days when I would call out because of the snow, and I was questioned by those at work (Who lived in Dundalk/Essex) saying "What snow?". I would have 6-8 inches, and they would have green grass, so obviously no one believed me.

The thing is, if I could somehow make it to the MD border, which wasn't often, I could get to work, since crossing the border was a difference between winter and summer. PA roads would be snow covered and MD roads would just be wet.

I think PA's motto when it comes to removing snow from roads is the Beatles' "Here Comes The Sun", so let it melt.

8. Re: Anyone home today?

Yeah my wife said it hasnt stopped snowing all day...and we are only one mile over the pa/md line. We have 2ft drifts of snow covering the front door and garage....and down here in hunt valley around 3pm the sun was out..its snowing again now. Oh well i enjoy winter and love the snow...just the ice/sleet thing needs to go!

p.s. i also heard that PA has more roads then california! maybe thats why they are never cleared.

Thanks for the well wishes, I cant wait for the fun ages!!!I guess he will be posting here in about 5 years, hopefully

Last edited by Raven Nurse; 02-15-2007 at 01:16 PM.

Hey RF 96, welcome to the neighborhood, PennDot sucks, the local municipal governments do a good job clearing their roads, but the state roads are terrible. That said, my road in New Freedom didn't get cleared until 8 last night, & that stuff they plowed off the road was the heaviest, hardest stuff I have ever dealt with, & I have a snow blower. We got a total of 7.5" in my neighborhood when it was all done. I have lived in New Freedom since 02, & you are right, it's the difference between night & day, or snow & wetcovered pavement at the state line.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Heres the new member and possibly new moderator. Not bad for a month early!!!

12. Re: Anyone home today?

wow already in a ravens shirt! Good picture. Take lots of them, cuz when they are 2 or 3 years old and running around at Ravens Stadium field for ravens fest....youll be like...he was just a baby and now look at him and you look back at old pictures and your are like, he was never that little! enjoy!

PAJEFF-yeah my driveway got ice-plowed in, my 4x4 was able to scale it and I went out to try and shovel it clear....HAHAHAHA good luck! Was like shoveling rocks. (im in the new koller pointe development)