Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anyone home today?

Congrats on the new babe
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

2. Re: Anyone home today?

Congrats on the new one! My cousin was born in a blizzard a few years back and they named her Clhoe....snowy chloe....hehe

Im in Southern Pa, just moved there, had my first bought of roads not even touched. 83 was snow/sleet covered all the way down to mt carmel rd....It was fun. I have a Land Rover and made the first tracks in most of my nieghborhood...had to put in in low 4x4 when i got stuck for sec! its fun!
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Congrats on the new arrival! The fact it happened during an ice storm only adds to the story!

I am home today as well, and as someone has already mentioned, this is very heavy stuff to shovel -- please don't overdo it, because you'll be sorry if you do.

As I type this, it's also becoming extremely windy. Pretty weird day.

congrats on the baby!

My 14 yo son has made a small fortune with our snowblower. We sorta got an icy snow.

RavensFan1996,

I know exactly how you feel. I lived in Stewartstown/New Freedom area for 2 years back in 93-95. At the same time, I worked at Sparrows Point, 1 hour drive each way on a good day.

PA sucks when it comes to treating the roads. There were many days when I would call out because of the snow, and I was questioned by those at work (Who lived in Dundalk/Essex) saying "What snow?". I would have 6-8 inches, and they would have green grass, so obviously no one believed me.

The thing is, if I could somehow make it to the MD border, which wasn't often, I could get to work, since crossing the border was a difference between winter and summer. PA roads would be snow covered and MD roads would just be wet.

I think PA's motto when it comes to removing snow from roads is the Beatles' "Here Comes The Sun", so let it melt.

7. Re: Anyone home today?

Yeah my wife said it hasnt stopped snowing all day...and we are only one mile over the pa/md line. We have 2ft drifts of snow covering the front door and garage....and down here in hunt valley around 3pm the sun was out..its snowing again now. Oh well i enjoy winter and love the snow...just the ice/sleet thing needs to go!

p.s. i also heard that PA has more roads then california! maybe thats why they are never cleared.

Hey RF 96, welcome to the neighborhood, PennDot sucks, the local municipal governments do a good job clearing their roads, but the state roads are terrible. That said, my road in New Freedom didn't get cleared until 8 last night, & that stuff they plowed off the road was the heaviest, hardest stuff I have ever dealt with, & I have a snow blower. We got a total of 7.5" in my neighborhood when it was all done. I have lived in New Freedom since 02, & you are right, it's the difference between night & day, or snow & wetcovered pavement at the state line.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

9. Re: Anyone home today?

wow already in a ravens shirt! Good picture. Take lots of them, cuz when they are 2 or 3 years old and running around at Ravens Stadium field for ravens fest....youll be like...he was just a baby and now look at him and you look back at old pictures and your are like, he was never that little! enjoy!

PAJEFF-yeah my driveway got ice-plowed in, my 4x4 was able to scale it and I went out to try and shovel it clear....HAHAHAHA good luck! Was like shoveling rocks. (im in the new koller pointe development)

Thumbs up Re: Anyone home today?

Yesterday was a good day to get out of the house. After morning rush, we drove up to the Maryland Science Center: no school groups, dozens of open parking spots on Federal Hill, no street people, no competition! Three other families came to the entire facility. Topped it off with lunch in Little taly: three other customers at Amici's.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).