Welcome to Indy!!!!!

For all of you who are coming out for the game on Saturday, let me be the first to welcome you to "my" city!!! Let me give you a brief tour around if you don't mind.

First off, stay away from the east side of the city, trust me, not a great place to live, visit or stay...it is a good place to get shot though. Downtown Indy is quite nice, a little uppity (IMHO) but not bad. Want a good, and expensive, steak dinner?? St.Elmo's is phenomenal, but as I said, bring your checkbook. Most everything else downtown is a chain of some sort. Overall, you will probably find it boring, but that's one of the reasons I moved out here, that and it beats the hell out of living in Frederick and driving to work in Rockville every day. Oh, and as noted in another post, there is a "Howl At The Moon" location here, and the GM has said it will be a Ravens Bar this weekend. He's taken enough heat for some of his comments, the IMPD have actually started giving him some off-duty officers as protection. Give him some love when you are out here, he may not get much business after this weekend!

For what it's worth, when the Ravens played here last year, the team stayed in a hotel north of the city in an area called Carmel, not sure of the hotel name, but I know the didn't stay downtown.

I was going to offer free room and board in exchange for 2 tickets, have plenty of room at my house, and am only 15 minutes from the stadium, but the wife works 12 hr weekend shifts at a local hospital and can't get off work. I go to the game with out her and I become a patient the next day!:D

Any questions so far??? Feel free to ask here or e-mail me. Glad to help out, and again, welcome to Indy.

Let's beat the Sh!t outta the Colts!!!!!!!
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Wink Re: Welcome to Indy!!!!!

Quick question: parking!

Our flight arrives at 4:45pm. If all goes as planned, we will park at Union Station about 5:30-5:45 or so, and walk to Howl at the Moon for 1/2 hour, then to the stadium.

But if we encounter delays, we need a plan B for arrival to he stadium area after 6 pm. My thought was to park remotely -- outside the stadium area traffic mess -- and hail a cab. Can you suggest a location where we could do this? (One obvious one would be to just cab from the airport, which is our Plan C).
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Welcome to Indy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Quick question: parking!

Our flight arrives at 4:45pm. If all goes as planned, we will park at Union Station about 5:30-5:45 or so, and walk to Howl at the Moon for 1/2 hour, then to the stadium.

But if we encounter delays, we need a plan B for arrival to he stadium area after 6 pm. My thought was to park remotely -- outside the stadium area traffic mess -- and hail a cab. Can you suggest a location where we could do this? (One obvious one would be to just cab from the airport, which is our Plan C).
    I used to work in downtown Indy & I still go up there once in a while. You might want to consider the northeast part of downtown, around Ohio and Pennsylvania Streets (I used to work on that corner). There really isn't much going on in that area on weekends and there is a ramp for I-70 nearby. You may even be able to find a free spot on the street. After the game it's a reasonable walk (20-25 minutes) from the stadium.

Good luck and Go Ravens!

Parking could be a huge problem. The real thorn in your side is that there is a Pacer game tomorrow night also. The actually moved the start time of that up to 6....6:30. I normally would have said East of the stadium, but now you'll run into Conseco Fieldhouse parking. Anything north of Washington St. may not be too bad, but expect to get hammered at the garages. Honestly, you may just want to cab it.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but like most big cities, parking is sometimes scarce downtown. Add to that the stadium has very little parking, and with 2 events happening on the same night, lotsa luck.

Question Re: Welcome to Indy!!!!!

Is the area around Monument Circle safe? Can we find cabs around there?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Arriving at 4:45? Cutting it a little close are we?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Sorry T....had to shuttle the kiddos around this morning. Pretty much all of downtown is very safe....again just stay clear of the far east side....but there really isn't any reason to go out there. Monument circle is very safe and sound...shouldn't have a problem with a cab anywhere downtown. From the circle it's probably a 20 minute walk to the stadium....if that even. Of course if you're wearing the colors it may be faster going back....having to out run the screaming angry hometown fans after a Raven beatdown!!!!!