Ray 1st team all pro again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-all-pro-team/

Rice, McClain, Reed and Peppers make 2nd team.

:T2:

Re: Ray 1st team all pro again.

It's been at least five years since the media began talking about Ray's demise. It's been WAY overstated.

The guy might be a step slower, but he's STILL as tough as, and more cerebral than, anyone that has ever played the position.

What a honor it's been to watch this guy play the game every football Sunday.

There's nothing I'd love more than to see him go out on top!

Quote Originally Posted by TheExtraPoint View Post
    It's been at least five years since the media began talking about Ray's demise. It's been WAY overstated.

The guy might be a step slower, but he's STILL as tough as, and more cerebral than, anyone that has ever played the position.

What a honor it's been to watch this guy play the game every football Sunday.

There's nothing I'd love more than to see him go out on top!
    Couldn't have put it better myself.

When my kids are born and (naturally) become diehard Ravens fans, they will ask their Pop about this mysterious #52 person's statue sitting outside of Ravens Stadium. And oh the stories I'll have to tell them about the exploits of the GREATEST OF ALL TIMES...

Congrats Ray, You can still argue he's the best linebacker in the game. Not saying he is but its a legit argument. May not be quite as fast but he still gets where he needs to, takes great angles. Always in the right spot and we all know the competitior and leader he is

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Congrats Ray, You can still argue he's the best linebacker in the game. Not saying he is but its a legit argument. May not be quite as fast but he still gets where he needs to, takes great angles. Always in the right spot and we all know the competitior and leader he is
    The funny thing is he probably is, he was just so much better than anyone in the league 5-10 years ago, now he is just starting to become as good as everybody else due to age.

The reason he is still the best is because nobody playing this game today understands football the way he does. God I'm glad we did not lose him this past offseason.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Years ago, when the talk of Ray's decline began, I believe Rob Long put it into perspective the best.

Rob said, "At his peak, Ray Lewis was playing in a whole other universe. Now, he's just on a different planet from everyone else."

Still rings true today.

Media? who needs to go to the media to hear about Ray's demise. There were plenty of folks up on this board a few months ago who were ready to give him a one way ticket out of Baltimore. They wanted him GONE in the worst way. Saying that he is too Old, game passed him by, yada yada yada etc

I'm glad things worked out and he is a raven.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

8. Re: Ray 1st team all pro again.

Ray is a monster!!!! He isn't going anywhere! What a privilege it is to have him on our team!!!