Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Any possibility of drafting a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by hurting View Post
    In response to that I say "great keep trying and maybe we will find a Brady/Romo."
    I guess if you had to pidgeon-hole me I would be a hugger. But, I really considered myself a wait and see person who thought it would take time to develop.
    Very similar thought process. I think that virtually every single year a team should draft a second day QB, pretty much regardless of the QB's on the roster.

I would pretty much be called a hugger as well, so here is the type of scenario in which I might not draft a QB for a couple of years.
    This year in the draft, we pick up say anyone from the Drew Stanton, John Beck, Trent Edwards, Kevin Kolb type of mid-level prosepect. Next he lights is up in preseason, learns the ropes well, gets along, fits in...
    Next McNair goes down week 6, down for the season. Boller comes in and leads us to a playoff victory. Maybe not leads us, but manages the game and minimizes mistakes, and makes a play when need be. He signs a reasonable extenstion before the season is done.

Now we go into the next year with an over the hill perfect, thoguh expensive back-up, that rookie that never panned-out, sat behind a true All-Pro and might finally get it, and that young guy that really could be THE GUY. That's not a situation in which you draft a guy, Mac falls off the roster next year, and you go back to yanking 2nd day prospects every year. Any year in whihc you have 2 or fewer solid pro-level guys on the roster, you draft another one.

back to the topic...the team's philosophy has always been drafting the best jock available, so I have to thinking picking a qb on day 1 is very possible, depending on what the other teams do (those darn other teams, they keep messing up Ozzie's draft...).
    George Allen's philosphy was, start the best qb you can get your hands on/ have a #2 with experience / ready to go in, and have a #3 you can develop. No, Coach Allen never won a SB, but he won a ton of other games. Jurgensen, Kilmer and Theisemann may have been the best 3-deep qbs in history.
    I have to think, if the RBT (Ravens Brain Trust) finds a good qb available, they'll take him.

Blog Entries

I want the Ravens to draft the kid from Boise State --Zabransky. He has looked great in the college games I saw the last two years. I don't care if he's any good, I just want to be able to shout "Put Zabransky in" . Best football name since Johnny U.

Don't you all know starting a qb thread is just going to attract unpleasant posts(Tex) and hate speak(Tex) and Boller Bashing(Tex)?

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    back to the topic...the team's philosophy has always been drafting the best jock available, so I have to thinking picking a qb on day 1 is very possible, depending on what the other teams do (those darn other teams, they keep messing up Ozzie's draft...).
    George Allen's philosphy was, start the best qb you can get your hands on/ have a #2 with experience / ready to go in, and have a #3 you can develop. No, Coach Allen never won a SB, but he won a ton of other games. Jurgensen, Kilmer and Theisemann may have been the best 3-deep qbs in history.
    I have to think, if the RBT (Ravens Brain Trust) finds a good qb available, they'll take him.
    You're kidding right? The best 3-deep qb's? Billy Killedmorepasses than "alligatorhands"? Theeesman,Jurgenson. Nary a firststringer in the lot!

um, they were all first-stringers at one time or t'other. Jurgy won a ton of games and Joe T won a Super Bowl. Some Cowboy fans get puckered when they're mentioned, but most futbol fans (and media types) I know respect them.

Little known fact. Tex has been around since the birth of the big JC himself. He witnessed it with his own eyes, therefore it's true..... He was there for the birth of Lao Tzu, Julius Caeser, Louis the 14th, everyone important.

Just thought you all should know.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Maybe you should do a little research if you weren't around personally to observe players you make totally erroneous comments about on a talk forum! (Just a suggestion).
    LOL, this coming from the guy who gave us the "Leaning Eifel Tower" remark?

Please.

By the way, Kilmore couldn't throw a ball through a wet paper bag. Deep threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    LOL, this coming from the guy who gave us the "Leaning Eifel Tower" remark?
    That will always be a classic.

If Carson Palmer's younger brother is avialable in the later rounds I would draft him. Not so sure he'll be there in the later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    If Carson Palmer's younger brother is avialable in the later rounds I would draft him. Not so sure he'll be there in the later rounds.

Unfortunately Carson and Jordan don't really share anything except the last name. And maybe the arm strength. But Jordan just ain't that hot.

maybe Carson and Jordan will be another Peyton and Eli. or maybe not.
    anyone know how Drew Olsen is doing in NFL Europe?