Thread: O-Line Help

O-Line Help

Giants | Petitgout released
    Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:22:03 -0800

Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports the New York Giants have released OT Luke Petitgout.
    This guy is pretty young and IMO much better than Pashos.

Coming off of an injury, I dont think he will get much attention.

Any thoughts?
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Re: O-Line Help

With Pashos a UFA, your post reminds me of the off season the Browns got Baxter from us so we get Rolle from the Titans.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ok, Petitgout is going to be 31. Pashos is going to be 27.

Petitgout may be slightly better NOW, but he'll be on the decline very soon. Pashos is going to be hitting his prime. Pashos played very well this past season.

Even if we are to lose Pashos to free agency, I don't think we'd get older. If anything there will be a rookie OT to step in. JMO.

Didnt realize that Pettigout was 31.

That might be a bit over the hill since we are trying keep the window indefinatley.

Pashos needs to show me consistency before I totally buy into him.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

31 really isn't that old for OL, but I still don't want Petitgout over Pashos.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Pashos was one of the best pass blocking RTs in the NFL this year, some of you guys really don't realise how good we had it with pass pro this year.

As for Pettitgout, the number of false starts he gives up it'd be like we had Penalty Anderson lined up at one of the tackle spots.

I think you all are glossing over the first part of the season. First let me say that I like Pashos and he had a really good end of the season. However he got a lot of penalties (mostly false starts, and a lot at home) called against him in the first 3/4's of the season. I hope he has cleaned that up and that the end of the season is an indication of things to come but I don't know that he deserves a huge pay day from us. I believe that his value will be too high due to the lack of quality O-lineman in free agency this year, and other teams will over pay. It will be like baseball free agency was this year (although not quite as obsene)

Just my .02, feel free to disagree.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ravens give Pashos a surprisingly large contract this off season. We can (hopefully) get our other UFA's back cheap - Johnson, Mughelli - and spend the $$$ we need on him.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Listening to WNST this morning, it seems the Ravens are prepared to lose Pashos as they expect some team to overpay for him. Pashos is probably the top or one of the top three OL available in the market and most of the reason is due to age.

I am not concerned with Pettigout's age. We could still draft a OT and have that player learn behind Luke for a season or two.

A part of me is happy that the Ravens are keeping an open mind as to RT, because we stood pat after the 2004 season and we ended up regressing. I want us to keep our options open as it pertains to Pashos, Ovie, and any other Ravens FA. Besides, what we do in the draft is most important this offseason.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!