Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wink Re: Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

Purple Pill, Fells Point etc: contact me by phone or e-mail ..... we should prob finalize plans now for tickets and drive vs. fly.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

Received this email:

Hello Council of the Ravens Roost and all BALTIMORE RAVENS FANS!
    My name is Mike Augustinos. I grew up and went to school in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. I lived my whole life there until moving to Indianapolis a few years ago. I am the General Manager of Howl at the Moon in Indianapolis. I am the former General Manager of Howl at the Moon in Baltimore at Power Plant Live. Howl at the Moon is a very popular piano bar. We have 11 locations nationwide. I BLEED PURPLE! It sucks living in Colts country but I AM A DIEHARD RAVENS fan. The good thing is I am the boss! I wanted to extend to all Ravens Roost members and fans of the BALTIMORE RAVENS a personal invitation to come to Howl at the Moon next weekend for the game. We normally dont open until 7 pm. I have decided to open the bar at 4 pm for all the fans coming in town for the game. I will open earlier if you think the word will get out that fans want to start the party earlier. Please email me back and we will discuss this. The piano show will not start until later in the night. I just want to provide a place for us to start the party and pre-game. Howl at the Moon is located at 20 East Georgia Street. We are right in the heart of downtown Indianapolis. We are 3 blocks from the Colts stadium. There are 14 hotels located within 8 blocks of us. We have a 140 inch big screen TV. The biggest in downtown. We will be showing the early game as well as the RAVENS game for those not going. I am going to run a $2 Bud Light special. I am also giving away free food! If anyone wanted to send out any banners I will gladly put them up. Lets turn this bar PURPLE! For anyone that has never been to Indianapolis, their tailgating is horrible. There are no big parking lots anywhere. Everyone always goes out to the bars. For this game I expect most of the bars to be at capacity by 5 pm. Please email back with any questions and feel free to forward this message on. Lets get this party started. GO RAVENS!
    facebook.com/mike.augustinos

Mike Augustinos
    General Manager
    Howl at the Moon, Indianapolis
    P 317.955.0300
    F 317.955.7445
    www.howlatthemoon.com

Don't know anything about the dude so take it for what it's worth...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Wink Re: Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

Howl at the Moon is a great place to have fun, with the dual pianos in the pit. I used to hang out at the franchise on Bourbon Street, before it was shut down in the post-Katrina mess. There used to be one at the Power Plant Live entertainment area - don't know if it's still there. It was so-so, due to squeezed-in location and limp local entertainers.

I'm a little surprised that they opened a franchise in Inidianoplace, but maybe it's a good idea: that downtown is pathetic -- dead.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I will vouch that this guy used to be the manager in Baltimore. He & I have a mutual friend but we don't know each other. A friend of mine here is unfortunate enough to be from Indy and be a Colts fan. She knows this guy. For what it's worth...

Plus he's got an FU Pittsburgh shirt on his profile. That's good enough for me. :)
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

5. Re: Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

I just heard on 105.7 the Fan, that Hunt Valley Motor Coach is having buses going to Indy for that game...You may want to call them:D

Just got my tickets for the game this morning. Section 625, rows 2-3 seats 19-20 in both. Also staying at the same hotel that ravenstrips is booking. (Sorry, $400 was just a bit steep for me as I am still fresh out of college). Anyway, I think the howl at the moon would be awesome if we got a bunch of Ravens fans to show up before the game.

Remember they go by EST, the odd ball state. Leaving here at 1:30pm Friday and hope to arrive around 10pm in Indy.

Nestor/WNST has 2 bus almost full and have a 3rd one on sale now.

www.wnst.net
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I'm cheering from home. Thought about going but I was at that playoff game vs. the Colts in Baltimore and we lost. I was also at the playoff game vs. the Titans and we lost. I'm staying far, far, far away.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Looks like this dude at Howl at the Moon is legit ...

He is getting all kinds of crap from his FB friends and is pushing hard to make his place a purple hang out for the game.

If I was making the trip, I would definitely make it there.

Thumbs down Re: Anyone headed to Indianapolis?

While visiting Hoosiertown, don't forget to stop by this spot to pay your "respects":

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    While visiting Hoosiertown, don't forget to stop by this spot to pay your "respects":

Wouldn't surprise me if the asshole rose from his grave and tried to take a swig...

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Crown Hill Cemetery
    700 West 38th Street
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46208

Section 88, Lot 5