Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: The thread of ultimate crow eating.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the history of the NFL though. We will see.
    I hope that was sarcastic.
    Somehow I can't see Manning stuffing sod up a broken nose to slow the bleeding so he could keep playing. Unitas did.

If we can get some hits on Manning, he will cave. I'm not argueing that he isn't one of the best, just that he has fair weather greatness. We pound him and they lose.

That said, I'll take some crow.
    My expectations were for the Lady Brady rule to steal another game from us.
    I started eating some crow when Brady's arm wasn't ruled moving forward on Sizzle's strip (anyone want to bet Winter's crew wouldn't have ruled that?)
    It still took a successfull challenge, one that should have been successful, and one that should have been made, but we hammered them so much that the refs didn't make a radical difference.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

While we're eating crow, I'll offer up another one...

I believe it was the Colts game where we had a punt return by Mr. Ed Reed at the end, he lateraled the ball to no one and it was scooped up by the Colts. There was much heming and hawing about Reed's laterals and whether or not they were a detriment. Personally, I believed they were idiotic and just a total boneheaded move.

When Ed picked off Brady and was bottled up, even the commentators knew the lateral was coming. And for a split second, I screamed at the TV "DON'T DO IT ED!"...Then he lateraled to Landry, who turned a medium range FG spot into a "we're probably going to score in a few plays" spot with his run back. And to be honest, it almost looked like he was going to the house on the TV.

So there...Ed, your laterals aren't always a detriment...Just please be smart about them, ok?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Wink Re: The thread of ultimate crow eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I hope that was sarcastic.
    Somehow I can't see Manning stuffing sod up a broken nose to slow the bleeding so he could keep playing. Unitas did.
    Manning may be the NFL's all-time greatest passer (although Favre, Marino, and Montana have good arguments); Unitas was the NFL's all-time greatest QB.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Please pass me the old bay, and hot sauce. I've been a Harbs / Pops critic most of the year. The D is looking great, and yesterday was possibly Harbs best coaching effort yet. I was expecting a win yesterday though. I see a win in indy too.

No crow for me.

But as you can see from my pre-game prediction

(http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ad.php?t=47803) i

thought htis would be much closer. (Prediction 17-14 Ravens; final 33-14 Ravens). Well I got the Patsies score right!

Section 106 from start to finish!

I couldn't believe what I saw in the 1st quarter yesterday. No one here espected it either. It was just amazing. We probably will not blitz quite as much next week, but we still have to get to Manning. Thats a hard thing to do but our guys showed (for the first time really) that they can get TO the
    QB, not just rush his throw. Goddamn guys and gals, it was fantastic.

My Mrs is pissed. I had enough gins starting in the 3rd quarter, that I slept through the 2nd game.

All I know is that this team can do it. Why the hell not???

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    While we're eating crow, I'll offer up another one...

I believe it was the Colts game where we had a punt return by Mr. Ed Reed at the end, he lateraled the ball to no one and it was scooped up by the Colts. There was much heming and hawing about Reed's laterals and whether or not they were a detriment. Personally, I believed they were idiotic and just a total boneheaded move.

When Ed picked off Brady and was bottled up, even the commentators knew the lateral was coming. And for a split second, I screamed at the TV "DON'T DO IT ED!"...Then he lateraled to Landry, who turned a medium range FG spot into a "we're probably going to score in a few plays" spot with his run back. And to be honest, it almost looked like he was going to the house on the TV.

So there...Ed, your laterals aren't always a detriment...Just please be smart about them, ok?
    Yea, I was watching the game with a large group and when Ed tossed it back there was a collective "NOOO!!!" then as soon as Landry wrapped his hands around it and started booking it we started screaming "YES!!!". I do think that Ed should be more wary about where/when he laterals.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

The difference this time was Ed had enough time as he was being brought down to really establish eye contact with Landry, to say "I'm going to pitch this ball to you". The last time he did it, I think it looked more like a desperation toss, he didn't really make eye contact with anyone so they knew "hey, you're getting the ball"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Serve me up some wing, por favor.

My heart was saying we would win but my head was not too keen on the notion.

Well, I ate crow on the "predictions" thread this morning, but I guess I need a second helping. I definitely did not think we would win, especially in that fashion.

Blog Entries

Oh I'm definitely eating crow. I didn't think they could get to the playoffs, and I didn't think they'd win anything if they did. The team damn well showed me. I still have my questions of the team, but if they can maintain the kind of discipline and intensity they showed yesterday then no one can stand in their way.

I thought that we would win if the refs were fair, which they were, but I said that Flacco had to have a good game and apparently he did not.