Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shout outs to Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Yanda, Oher, and Chester

I have watched a lot of football but the job our O Line with a helping hand from Haloti did on the Pats, was a thing of Beauty. That was as big of an ass whipping that I have seen in a long time. Great Job men.

Re: Shout outs to Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Yanda, Oher, and Chester

Absolutely, when everyone in the stadium knows your running the ball and you still get 4 yards a pop that means your O-line is playing exceptionally well.

A plus for the line today. They stayed intense the whole game right down to the end when Gaither suck up for Ray Rice, when Wilfork was frustrated and was looking for someone to take it out on.

4. Re: Shout outs to Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Yanda, Oher, and Chester

We played, as Harbs would put it, "Ravens football" today. Finally. The OL needs to get a great part of the credit that, as does the entire defense.

Great teams find ways to win when not at full strength, which Flacco is obviously not at. The OL and defense put this ones on their backs and stuck it up the Pats' asses.

THIS, today, is what keeps me a Ravens fan. The people that call themselves "fans" and occasionally watch a game or two don't get the satisfaction that all us nuts get when the Ravens win a game like they did today. The hours I spend every week on this site and others related to the Ravens is all worth it when we play like we did today in such an important situation.

The intensity, heart, and swagger that this team plays with is unreal, and I can't really imagine rooting for any other team in the NFL. The ups, like we had today, make it well worth weathering the downs (which were plentiful this year). The intensity, heart, and swagger is shared by fans, both those that stayed at home and shouted at the TV and those that made the trip to frdgid New England to root or team on is almost as impressive.

I will proudly show my fanhood at every possible moment in the coming week, and will continue to do so even with a loss to Indy. With that said, I hope we come out with the same attitude as we did this week and punish Indy.

Sorry for the length, but I am just a really proud fan right now. I hope everyone else feels like I do, and get ready for another slobber knocker next week.

Here's to the Ravens, Ravens fans, and our city!! (Until we lose next week and hate the Ravens, at least.)

Outstanding effort by these men....dominant,overpowering,asskicking....what else can you say?

Blog Entries

I never quite got why Yanda didn't get back into the starting line-up earlier. But I'm sure as hell glad he's back in there now. He was devastating on pulling blocks today, and the double team with Birk for the first TD was awesome.

Well said hokie. It's days like today that make it all worth wild.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Hokie you almost bring a teardrop to my eye!

Please add LE'RON MCCLAIN to your shoutouts. The seal block on the McGahee TD was beautiful. Todd Heap also blocked well; it was a real team effort.

Birk in particular was amazing. He steered Vince Wilfork around all game, sometimes with help, sometimes without. Tremendous game for all our blockers.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    We played, as Harbs would put it, "Ravens football" today. Finally. The OL needs to get a great part of the credit that, as does the entire defense.

Great teams find ways to win when not at full strength, which Flacco is obviously not at. The OL and defense put this ones on their backs and stuck it up the Pats' asses.

THIS, today, is what keeps me a Ravens fan. The people that call themselves "fans" and occasionally watch a game or two don't get the satisfaction that all us nuts get when the Ravens win a game like they did today. The hours I spend every week on this site and others related to the Ravens is all worth it when we play like we did today in such an important situation.

The intensity, heart, and swagger that this team plays with is unreal, and I can't really imagine rooting for any other team in the NFL. The ups, like we had today, make it well worth weathering the downs (which were plentiful this year). The intensity, heart, and swagger is shared by fans, both those that stayed at home and shouted at the TV and those that made the trip to frdgid New England to root or team on is almost as impressive.

I will proudly show my fanhood at every possible moment in the coming week, and will continue to do so even with a loss to Indy. With that said, I hope we come out with the same attitude as we did this week and punish Indy.

Sorry for the length, but I am just a really proud fan right now. I hope everyone else feels like I do, and get ready for another slobber knocker next week.

Here's to the Ravens, Ravens fans, and our city!! (Until we lose next week and hate the Ravens, at least.)
    I love posts like this, and I agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post

Perfectly said. I had the flags on the call all week. I did not see many. People expected us to lose this week and will next week, but it is fun if you win when not expected. We are back to playing Ravens football. It is about as pretty as a sledge hammer but when it lands it is a knockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Please add LE'RON MCCLAIN to your shoutouts. The seal block on the McGahee TD was beautiful. Todd Heap also blocked well; it was a real team effort.

Birk in particular was amazing. He steered Vince Wilfork around all game, sometimes with help, sometimes without. Tremendous game for all our blockers.
    Good Point...they really were lineman today. We blocked their asses right out of the playoffs.