Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Steelers - still championship material

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown
    Were the Steelers really all that good....or were the Dolphins just really that bad?
    A combination of the two. The Steelers looked pretty good, considering Batch was at the helm. With Big Ben, they will be very tough.

The Dolphins looked good at the start, then completely fell apart. Culpepper especially looked rough towards the end.

Yes, they appear to be the team to beat, for now. One good thing is that we always play them tough.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Yeah, the Stealers won last night and the Dolphins should really be ashamed to give up like they did (with a lead, by the way). My question is this, Was that the same officiating crew from last years Super Bowl? The hands to the face was a bs call, and the second pass interference "penalty" they couldn't even re-play. What about the challenge on the re-play, don't most folks see moving objects out of the corner of their eyes? Not those boys in black and gol....um...er....white!!
    Another injustice was the amount of blocks behind the back penalties that were never called against the Pissburgh O-Line. I was wondering if one of the teams forgot in what direction they were playing!!!

1 game does not a season make! A lot can happen during a season, so lets hold off putting another trophy in their hands.
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Were the Steelers really all that good....or were the Dolphins just really that bad?
    The Dolphins secondary is not that good. Their front 7 is very good but the other 4 are not.

Dante threw a lob that Polamalio picked off. That was a horrible decision by Dante. The next interception was a good defensve play by (GOD I HATE SAYING THIS!!!) Joey Bullet-ass. He put his hand down at the line then dropped back into coverage. Dante never saw him and Joey had an easy INT and TD.

Pittsburgh is going to be tough, but not to the point where the Ravens can't beat them. If our Line holds up then the Ravens are just as good as the Steelers, if not slightly better.

Dante threw a lob that Polamalio picked off. That was a horrible decision by Dante.
    I actually thought that was a pretty good decision...just a bad throw. The WR was streaking and was open but the pass was well behind him and short.

7. Re: Steelers - still championship material

Only the first game, so we shall see. Big time environment for them last night coming off the Super Bowl. And the Dolphins were abysmal.

Its a long season. Even if we lose to the Bucs it doesn't mean we won't win the division. Most teams tend to sort themselves out by week 10, it is hard to draw conclusions before then.

I did not think the Steelers were overly good, they did not make mistakes

The Steelers are a solid team obviously, but the Dolphins are overrated and Culpepper seemed rusty. I'm not going to read too much into this game. I figured they would win their first home game, the opening game for the whole league, on prime time while celebrating their Super Bowl championship. But that doesn't mean they are the favorites to repeat. Let's wait a while.

Do you guys think the Steelers winning puts more pressure on use to win this weekend?

I know they are now 1-0 and thats obvious but at this early stage does it matter as much pressure wise?

Is it just me or do the Steelers excel in the 4th quarter. It seems that in the 4th quarter the defense tightens up and causes turnovers. Meanwhile the other teams offense look lethargic. Would you attribute that to the Steelers OL getting a nice push and wearing out their opponents Defensive line