So if we win on Sunday we play...

...who?

I ask this because it's my understanding that the #1 seed is guaranteed to play the lowest remaining seed in the divisional round - hence we'd be playing at Indy.

But it's been said twice in the last two days (by Viviano yesterday and on Mike and Mike this morning) that the winner of our game will go on to play San Diego, which I don't think is right.

As it's been said twice now, could someone clarify that it WILL be Indy next week if we win?

Re: So if we win on Sunday we play...

No, I think you're right. Can't see how we would go to San Diego. It should be Indy.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

The teams are reseeded after each round. Since the Ravens are the lowest seed now, they will still be lowest seed regardless of who wins the other wild card game. I'm pretty sure that means that no matter what else happens, the Ravens will go to Indy, the #1 overall seed. Likewise, if the Pats win, they will go to San Diego regardless.

If we win, we go to Indy no matter what.

But if both the higher seeds win, then the lower seeded of the two would go to Indy. So if NE (3) and Cincy (4) both win, Cincy goes to Indy and NE goes to San Diego. This is where the reseeding comes in to play.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    ...who?

I ask this because it's my understanding that the #1 seed is guaranteed to play the lowest remaining seed in the divisional round - hence we'd be playing at Indy.

But it's been said twice in the last two days (by Viviano yesterday and on Mike and Mike this morning) that the winner of our game will go on to play San Diego, which I don't think is right.

As it's been said twice now, could someone clarify that it WILL be Indy next week if we win?

Well I guess they think it is a foregone conclusion that New England will win the game. maybe they all talked to the officiating crew and found out that the fix was in. :p

Section 106 from start to finish!

We would play @ NE, then @ Hoosiertown, then likely @ San Diego (but it could be @ Cincy or @ New Jersey).
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Just read we play 715 next Sat night at Indy if we win.