Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Harbs Motivational Speach

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Personally, I prefer Billick's 2x4 speech going into Tennessee in 2000....
    I believe you're refering to the legendary "Lion's Den/Spear/Banshee" speech... Now that's the kind of speech that will get men to follow you through the gates of Hell itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I keep listening to this clip and it sounds like Harbaugh is saying.."remember this? Who remembers this? Back when we were one and one...."

When was "one and one"? I am hearing it wrong?
    I'm pretty sure he is saying back when we were "What and What" people were saying.....

I still wonder though if he would have brought a sword into the locker room if the Arenas thing had happened a day earlier.

Re: Harbs Motivational Speech

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I believe Harbs was a Cub Scout Troop Leader in a previous life...
    I've been saying that for 2 years. I am the only Den mother that refused to do that crap.

Blog Entries

I thought he was going to be slashing up the locker room with the sword, and bashing stuff with the shovel. THAT would have been cool.

Harbs should hold that sword over his head and run screaming out on to the field with it when they introduce the Ravens this week! Then light it on fire! And then stab it into the Foxboro turf! That would ROCK!!!

I believe you're refering to the legendary "Lion's Den/Spear/Banshee" speech... Now that's the kind of speech that will get men to follow you through the gates of Hell itself!
    Thats right and IIRC the 2x4 speech was Fisher

LOL I actually got to see Harbs speak up close at an event (about 100 people) before this season started. It was a business thing. He's a very polished guy. He was a great speaker. Went over his time but he was great. Now I'm a little different than your average NFL player but he has a presence and I think he pulls it off.

I believe you're refering to the legendary "Lion's Den/Spear/Banshee" speech...
    Yea, that's the one! That would get me motivated; or maybe even bring Pacino in to redo his "fight for every inch" speech delivered in the movie On Any Given Sunday.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

If we keep making the playoffs, keep being Chester Cheetah!

And I am not stunned in the least the uber PC Baltimore Sun drew these comparisons. This is the same paper that refuses to allow ads for any sort of gun sales, shops, etc. They follow the mentality of misdemeanor homicides in black and poor neighborhoods, placing the story inside all the while splashing it on their front page when a white person gets killed in Canton.

Should you expect anything more from that rag?

:girlfight

ok, off my soap box now .... :)

That "speech" was to the press, not the players. Small correction to the story, I know, but the players saw it like we all did -- on TV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rza52 View Post
    LOL I actually got to see Harbs speak up close at an event (about 100 people) before this season started. It was a business thing. He's a very polished guy. He was a great speaker. Went over his time but he was great. Now I'm a little different than your average NFL player but he has a presence and I think he pulls it off.
    That is how he pulled off Bisciotti and got the job as an out-of-the box hire.