Blog Entries

Cribbs asks Browns for a trade

The latest contract offer since Holmgren stepped in apparently insulted Cribbs, so he'as asked for them to trade him. Not sure if he's willing to sit out if they don't, but that would be a HUGE break for the AFC North. That guy is DANGEROUS on returns, and if someone takes the time to develop him at an offensive position, he could be a dangerous playmaker I think.

On another note, would you trade for Cribbs? He's supposed to be a WR, but he's never seemed to get a lot of reps there, instead being more the Wildcat back and running the ball.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Cribbs asks Browns for a trade

This could be Troy Smith's big break! Do it Oz!

The Clowns would never trade him inside the division.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    As much as I'd love to get him (reasonably), I'd have to agree with this.

I would trade them Troy Smith & Mark Clayton.
    Or one of the above and a 3rd round pick.

But I agree, they would not trade Cribbs w/in the division.

FM

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The Clowns have two guys I would want, Joe Thomas and Josh Cribbs.

Letting either escape (and make no doubt this is the appropriate word for a good player leaving C-choke) would be monumentally stupid.

Cribbs shouldn't get top WR duckets or anything, but 1.4 million per year given the going salaries in the NFL is an insulting slap in the face. The guy is worth twice that, easy. He probably thinks 3-4 times, but I would pay him $3 mil per year.

...i'd also add mohamed massaquoi to the "only guys i'd take from cleveland" list.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Anyone can ask for anything, it does not mean they are going to get it. What can he do but ask? He lost all his leverage by signing a long term "contract" .

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I would trade them Troy Smith & Mark Clayton.
    Or one of the above and a 3rd round pick.
    How generous. Perhaps after completing that, we could go get Calvin Johnson for Chris Carr and LJ Smith. Maybe pitch them our 4th rounder just to sweeten the pot.

Word I've heard is that they gave Cribbs a "take it or leave it" offer. Rome had an interesting point on the matter, which is that if they don't man up and give this guy something legit, they're sending a HUGELY negative message to every free agent considering Cleveland. Cribbs is their best player by a not small margin - save probably Joe Thomas - and they're not taking care of him, low-balling him? All Cribbs has done is quietly become a huge play-maker and their biggest threat on special teams and recently an offensive threat. Treating him like this is a good way for them to keep themselves in the dumper for a while longer.

I'd really love to have Cribbs. The guy's gonna command a hefty haul in a trade, particularly cause some team will drool over trying to turn him into more of an offensive threat than he already is. Devin Hester should have proven what a mistake that is, but someone would be willing to give up a haul for this guy. Cleveland would be stupid not to give him what he wants, but they'd be dumber not to try to trade him if they aren't willing to give him that.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Holmgren's probably keeping his cards close to the vest right now, but he's not stupid and surely knows how valuable Cribbs is. Holmgren may have a strategy of testing the trade waters just in case he can get a whole lot by trading Cribbs ...after all, the Browns have a lot of needs. On the other hand, Browns fans (all three of them) would be very unhappy if Cribbs left, so I think there's a good chance they offer some kind of new contract to keep their best player.