Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Heroes and Goats...(Black Hole Edition)

I would like to add my newborn son, Gavin, to the heroes section. Since his birth the Ravens are undefeated, and even though he was only 3 days old at the time, he watched the entire game with me without crying once. I'm hoping the Ravens can ride his mojo all the way to the Superbowl.
    Congratulations on our new son. And he is better than me, I cried a lot . . . well, it was more swearing than crying. I am almost wanted to cry when Rice went for 5, then 6 yards on runs for a first down, then we proceeded to throw 3 times and lose yards in the process.

RUN THE DAMN BALL UNTIL THEY STOP IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    RUN THE DAMN BALL UNTIL THEY STOP IT!
    Both Willis and Ray are averaging more then 5 YPC.
    That is dissgusting, especially since we were so pass - happy to start the season... well really until mid-year.

Quote Originally Posted by greg View Post

run the damn ball until they stop it!
    and run the damn ball until you wear them down and they can no longer stop it.

Part of the reason we averaged 5 ypc is because we made teams respect the pass.

We also did not have both Rice and Willis available or McClain very healthy this time last year because maybe they got too many carries during the year.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Part of the reason we averaged 5 ypc is because we made teams respect the pass.

We also did not have both Rice and Willis available or McClain very healthy this time last year because maybe they got too many carries during the year.
    we also won two more regular season games....

Win the DSuper Bowl and it's all taht matters, btu I can say for a near certainty that we would have won more games if Cam had called the running play more often in the middle of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    While I agree with most of your stuff, I think you should leave "until Lardarius returns" off your statement. Ladarius has too much value at corner, and Parmele looked terrific. Assuming this wasn't a one-time fluke and he's legit, he should be our returner permanently.

Also, you should have JaMarcus Russell in your heroes section.

- C -
    Agreed. Webb really impressed during his (albeit brief) stint as Washington's replacement, and I'd like to think we have a keeper there as far as starting corner. Also glad to see Parmele on the Heroes list. I'd like to see him get more playing time as well.

Oh, and totally with you as regards Jamarcus Russell. Once I saw him come in as replacement for Frye I knew the Ravens would win.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 01-06-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Great list!

Yeah, I agree that with any luck, Lardarius will never have to return another kick for us; Parmele is doing a great job, and I'd just as soon keep Webb safe for CB duty, no matter how good his return skills are.

And also agree, it's hard to say Willis was in the doghouse when Rice is so much more dynamic; hard to take carries away from a guy like Rice; and Willis did get a ton of TDs, so I'd call it a new role, but not a doghouse.

Anyway, again, great job on the list!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    and run the damn ball until you wear them down and they can no longer stop it.
    Amen! I'm down with 12-15 carries each for LeRon and Willis and another 20 to Rice this week, with a few screens to Rice thrown in for good measure. Lets just beat the snot out of New England, then when they're gasping for air, burn 'em deep with D Wil!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Oh, and totally with you as regards Jamarcus Russell. Once I saw him come in as replacement for Frye I knew the Ravens would win.
    I was on a chat program with a couple friends/family during the game and literally as he came onto the field and they announced he'd be playing the rest of the game I typed to them "Game over."

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    It amazes me how pissed off some people seem to get at Rav52's weekly compilation of Ravens warriors and miscreants. It's mostly on the money and any discrepancies are largely made up for with the decent post presentation and the thinly veiled sexual double entendres.
    Well Fells, you've got to understand that a lot of folks log onto the net to vent instead of the alternative of beating their kids/wife/dogs and I just happen to be an easy target because of H&G. But the world needs thinly veiled sexual double entendres, so I do the best I can.

Having said that, I was disappointed not to see a 'Heroes and Goats - Squealer/Max's Edition' - I suspected the Goats section would have kind of dominated there - not forgetting that Roethilsdwarfbitch that was sat in the bar and who I later abused verbally in One Eyed Mike's
    Dude, I was so pissed by that loss that I didn't want to risk igniting a powderkeg on the board and so for once I showed restraint and let it go for a week. Now had we lost to the Raiders, I would've UNLEASHED HELL. And now that you've mentioned that StoolerStank, I think I'm gonna pass on lunch...

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy
    would like to add my newborn son, Gavin, to the heroes section. Since his birth the Ravens are undefeated, and even though he was only 3 days old at the time, he watched the entire game with me without crying once. I'm hoping the Ravens can ride his mojo all the way to the Superbowl.
    Congrats, brother!! Definitely add Gavin to the Heroes List and the corresponding mojo he has given us. Be sure to keep him away from any Stoolers/Browns fans for at least his first two years of life to be sure all his teeth grow in and he doesn't get a staph infection.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker
    While I agree with most of your stuff, I think you should leave "until Lardarius returns" off your statement. Ladarius has too much value at corner, and Parmele looked terrific. Assuming this wasn't a one-time fluke and he's legit, he should be our returner permanently.

Also, you should have JaMarcus Russell in your heroes section.
    Lardarius is extremely valuable at CB, no doubt, but I'm thinking they work him back into full game action slowly at first due to the nature of his injury. But yeah, if Parmele shows consistency, then I'd be ecstatic about leaving him there.

And don't laugh-- JaMarcus could end up as our backup QB when Troy leaves! Stranger things have happened in BMORE...:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne
    I would have "heroed" the coaching staff on this game. This game in Oakland was a true set up for an upset. What is underappreciated from last week is the amount of pressure on the Ravens. Oakland had no pressure...the Ravens had all the pressure.

Everyone talked about an upset and even when things were not going well during the game, the Ravens held it together under presure, on the road, against a team that had several upsets already this year to win a game that either put them into the playoffs OR with a loss, would create a disapointing season equal to those from the past.

As much criticising that coaching staff has endured this year, that win in Oakland was worthy of accolades for the coaches.
    I gave Harbs his props, but let's be honest-- IT WAS THE RAIDUHS. With Charlie freakin Frye starting and Jamarcus Leaf, errrr Russell seeing significant playing time in a game they wanted to get over with as quickly as possible. Anything other than a Ravens win would have been considered disasterous.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    And don't laugh-- JaMarcus could end up as our backup QB when Troy leaves! Stranger things have happened in BMORE...:grbac:

Just what we need. An offensive counterpart to Frank Walker. And I do mean offensive. The mere prospect makes me cringe.

Apart from that, thanks once more for the H&G.....

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    No chance. I actually think as soon as the Raiders drop him, he's out of the league. He's shown absolutely no promise to be a competent NFL QB. Draft status protects you for a bit in that and typically #1 overalls get second chances. But Russell is pretty special in how bad he's been.

Ryan Leaf's the only one that could possibly compare. Leaf got picked up by the Bucs, but was cut before the regular season.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid